Complaint Review: IFriends

IFriends
P.O. Box 447 Herndon, Virginia United States of America

IFriends - WPI*Ifriends Stealthy Con-Artists Herndon, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

Recently I noticed a charge on my bank statement from "WPI*Ifreinds VIP". I didn't have any recollection of using my debit card on the specified date. As it turns out, I had apparently applied for an account on the website www.ifriendsv2.net 10 months back. I recall registering an account at this website,but never agreeing to pay any amount. I am generally quite careful about these things when registering at a new website. Ifriends.net had been billing me ever since the date I had registered. They usually charge either 6.95 or 9.95, an amount that is easily overlooked when viewing bank statements. They do not send any kind of e-mail notification or
otherwise when or before charging you. I called the customer support line and was told that my account would be cancelled and
refunded charges up to a certain date. It appears as though this is a legal con of sorts. After a certain date, it seems as though a refund through your bank is unattainable.  Ifriends.net thrives off of these overlooked charges, and when confronted, if ever, have legality to fall back on for their fraudulent behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 03:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IFriends/Herndon-Virginia-20172-0447/IFriends-WPIIfriends-Stealthy-Con-Artists-Herndon-Virginia-516038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IFriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Based on the information given, we were not able to locate Hillarys account.  Hillary, please give us a call at 1-800-243-9726 and ask to speak to a supervisor.  We will be happy to refund all charges that were billed to you.

Each time a new account is created, a welcome email is automatically sent to the email address used to create the account.  That email contains information about the account, the membership level, and how to contact us if the new user has any questions.  Monthly membership charges appear on a users credit/debit card statement, along with a phone number to contact us.  These charges are clearly disclosed in advance when an account is created.

dedication