Complaint Review: IGIA Aka TACTICA INTERNATIONAL

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2003

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
IGIA Aka TACTICA INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 219, 244 Madison Ave New York, New York U.S.A.

IGIA Aka TACTICA INTERNATIONAL Infomercial shipping and handling fraud New York New York

I purchased the Micro Trim product that was advertised on an infomercial. It said they provided 2 trimmers, plus 2 free head wrap towels, and 2 free magnifying mirrors for the price of $19.95 plus $5.99 shipping and handling. I called to place my order and specifically asked to verify what the shipping charge was. The representative said it was $5.99 and offered express shipping for an additional $8.99. I refused the express shipping.

I received the products, all in one small box weighing 5 ounces. To my surprise, the shipping charge was $39.78, bringing my order to a total of $59.73! Certain it was a mistake, I called the customer service number to get the problem rectified. The representative stated that the shipping charge was PER ITEM ($5.99 for each trimmer, and $6.95 for EACH of the "FREE" items!) I informed I wanted to return the product, as I also found it was very inferior quality.

The representative stated that they could not refund shipping and handling. I asked to speak with a supervisor, as I was willing to pay $5.99 but not $39.78. The supervisor, Brenda (last name refused) reiterated that the shipping was correct and if I wished to dispute the charges, I would need to contact their corporate office - Tactica, PO Box 219 244 Madison Ave. NY, NY 10016.

This is a blatant case of false and misleading advertising and mail fraud.

Suzanne
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2003 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGIA-Aka-TACTICA-INTERNATIONAL/New-York-New-York-10016/IGIA-Aka-TACTICA-INTERNATIONAL-Infomercial-shipping-and-handling-fraud-New-York-New-York-63056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGIA Aka TACTICA INTERNATIONAL