Complaint Review: IGIA, Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum

• Submitted: Sat, October 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2005

• Reported By:Palatka Florida
IGIA, Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum
4540 Worth Street Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

IGIQA, Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum Ripoff, Sends you more than you order and charges your credit card more than you authorize Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Milinex /IGIA/TACTICA/ect...

*Consumer Comment: To the General Counsel of IGIA

*Consumer Comment: Company is now Milinex

I phoned 1-800-914-0194 in last August, 2005 in response to an infomercial for Lazer Storm vacuum cleaners. The offer was buy one vacuum and receive a free vacuum for 3 payments of $39.95 plus S&H of $18.50 for each vacuum. I authorized the above purchase. (I declined all other offers; steamer, warranty, filters, etc.)

When I received my credit card there was a charge of $153.90 on August 22 for IGIA. Since I did not know that Lazer Storm was IGIA and I did not recognize the amount, I did not think it was for the vacuum's which was the only thing I had ordered on my card. (I had not received the vacuums yet either) I phoned customer service at 1-800-716-8667 for 3 days and only received a recording that they were not open at those times. I finally called my credit card company on September 19 and told them I did not know what the charge was for and they put a dispute on the charge.

Later that day I finally got through to the customer service and an extremely RUDE woman told me that I authorized and "easy pay" option so they could take the entire amount out at one time, and that I ordered 4 vacuums and I still had an outstanding balance of $159.60 cents. She had me so upset, because I did not authorize this payment option, nor did I order 4 vacuums. The woman that was so rude to me over the phone hung up on me after I asked her her name. As far as I'm concerned, this company should not be allowed to do business at all. They are extremely fraudulent and dishonest!!!

Lynn
Palatka, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2005 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGIA-Singer-Lazer-Storm-Vacuum/Los-Angeles-California-90063/IGIQA-Singer-Lazer-Storm-Vacuum-Ripoff-Sends-you-more-than-you-order-and-charges-your-cr-160003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGIA, Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum

Milinex /IGIA/TACTICA/ect...

AUTHOR: Tiffany - (U.S.A.)

Milinex/IGIA/TACTICA/ect...,
Are you posting this (not completely accurate) information because you are in trouble with Singer?

To the General Counsel of IGIA

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sir,

Have you read the complaints?????????People are being charge for 4 vacuums they did NOT order and besides that, months later after the money has been taken from them they still have No vacuums!!! I cancelled my order weeks ago ( more than 3 or 4) and have still not received a refund. Obviously you have been retained by this company for some reason, I can see they don't give up money easily.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am General Counsel to IGIA, Inc. Your recent postings concerning this company, its products, and its business practices are of great concern to us.

We understand and support completely the right of people to express their opinions and alleged experiences. We also respect the benefits that venues such as yours can provide to the buying public through a forum that allows for the full and fair discussion of issues.

I am advised that despite our efforts to present our side of the issues raised, both as to specific complaints, and as to the quality of our service and products, you have not seen fit to post our responses. This hardly seems fair, and would appear to be counterproductive to your stated mission of serving the public interest.

For example, we believe that the Public should know that every order we take is recorded and retained to insure accuracy.

We do not add items which have not been requested, nor do we charge for goods that have not been ordered.

We maintain toll free numbers to receive customer comments, and complaints, as well as a dedicated email address for the same purpose

We follow a set procedure for refund requests. Since a refund requires the return of the merchandise by the customer, this process may take as long three weeks. That delay may prove frustrating to the customer, but we must ensure the return of the ordered product before issuing a refund.

We are amenable to any suggestion that will enhance the customer's experience, with our company. We ask only that our legitimate responses and positions be circulated by you with equal verve to those of our detractors

Company is now Milinex

AUTHOR: Johnnie K - (U.S.A.)

On Saturday while channel surfing on CNBC I saw the commercial running for the Lazer Storm vacuum, but now it is the "Milinex Power Storm".

This is the exact same infomercial. They are:

Milinex Power Storm
245 8th Avenue PMB 855
New York, NY 10011
1-800-717-9573
milinex.com

I guess Singer did shut them down on using their name.

I've been ripped too.