• Report: #206681

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 17, 2006

• Reported By:Crawfordville Florida
IGIA Windstorm
4900 Zambrano Street Commerce, California U.S.A.

IGIA Windstorm ripoff Commerce California

In December 2005 I purchased the Windstorm vacuum. I ordered it from a TV Infomercial - a two-for-one deal. My American Express credit card was charged $389.50 on 12/05/05. I was surprised when I received four vacuums instead of the ordered two. In December I had no problem contacting customer service about the doubled order. I was advised to send the two unordered and unwanted vacuums back via UPS which I did. A credit was to follow on my credit card statement and it was to include the cost of shipping two vacuums back to the company.

To date, there has been no refund to my credit card account. For the first three months upon receiving my American Express statement with no refund from IGIA, I would call customer service. Each time there was an apology for the delay. Each time I was told the credit would appear the following month. I trusted customer service that this would indeed happen. Sadly, it has not.

In April I tried calling repeatedly for help only to be told -- when I finally reached a live person, that they needed my name and telephone number in order for customer service to return my call the next day. There was never a call from customer service. I even checked Caller ID to be sure I had not missed the call but there never was a call from the company.

Subsequent calls to the company were either not answered or were answered by a recorded message directing callers to send an email to customercare@stormvac.com. However, email sent to this address is returned to the sender as undeliverable. A certified letter sent to the company on May 25, 2005 requesting a refund was signed for as having been received by the company. But once again, no refund was issued.

I simply want my money refunded for the two vacuums I didn't order but was charged for and for which I returned to the company in a timely manner.

Judith
Crawfordville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGIA-Windstorm/Commerce-California-90040/IGIA-Windstorm-ripoff-Commerce-California-206681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGIA Windstorm