• Report: #195248

• Submitted: Wed, June 07, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 07, 2006

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
IGIA
524 5th Avenue, 20th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

IGIA - Windstrom Vacuum - Tactica International RIPOFF CANNOT CONTACT ON BBB BAD LIST DISHONEST LIE CHEAT AND STEAL New York New York

*Author of original report: Tactica International dba IGIA - 2004 Lawsuit

I ordered the Millinex Power Storm over the internet back in October they received all the monies of $183.26 by December 2005 (it was taken straight out of my account).

In December, I called and talked to a customer service representative (after being on hold forever) who said that they were behind in their orders and it would be a few more weeks. January rolls around, I call again and they again say a few more weeks, so I had my husband call. He did and that's when they told him that we would receive the vacuum until at least the end of February. He of course, asked for an immediate refund. They told him the refund would be in our account on January 27th.

We have yet to receive either the vacuum or the refund and no one answers the phone now or we get hung up on after waiting on hold for hours on end. If we email, we get an email back stating that we need to contact customer service, which of course is back to the no answering or on hold forever.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau of New York and they tried to get my money back. I received a letter from Windstrom at 245 8th Avenue PMB 855 New York, New York stating that my refund was in process on March 16, 2006 but still have not received it. After contacting the better business bureau again, they suggested I file a small claims against the company. Before doing that, I received another email from the Better Business Bureau stating dated May 25, 2006 stating that the company (now they say their name is Tactica International Inc) said they sent the refund. Of course, that was untrue and told the Better Business Bureau that I was filing a small claims action not only asking for my money back but for the court costs, etc.

I really encourage everyone to do the same, please don't let companies like this one get away with this. I guess a good deal is sometimes too good to be true.

Mary
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2006 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGIA/New-York-New-York-10175/IGIA-Windstrom-Vacuum-Tactica-International-RIPOFF-CANNOT-CONTACT-ON-BBB-BAD-LIST-DISH-195248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGIA

Tactica International dba IGIA - 2004 Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I was doing more research and came across United State of America civil action suit against IGIA (Tactica International) that was filed back in 2004.

I'm really concerned because the lawsuit said they were to stop taking orders unless they could ship within a reasonable time and were supposed to pay $300,000 in fines, etc. I'm not sure whether this suit was ever finalized but I am going to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (the company that started the suit) and see what happens.

I just wanted everyone else to know so if they wanted to try to do the same.