Complaint Review: IGM

• Web:
  • Category: Library

IGM Only an Answering Machine - I'd Been Duped! Internet

*Author of original report: IGM

I was contacted by phone to "get six magazines for free." I only had to pay for one. I got a lot of double-talk and should have known better than to have agreed to such an offer. The old adage "If something seems to good to be true it probably is" definately applies here.

To cut to the chase, TV Guide would come to alittle over $4 a week. Then I was quoted a price for 28 months. But in the end, I would be charged $47.01 every month for ten months.

When I called the 877 number showing on my online bank statement as pending, all I got was an answering machine. I was told that I had reached Customer Service, that there was one person ahead of me, then I was asked to leave a message.

There was no one there! I'd been duped!

You really can get great deals on magazines, but this sure isn't the way.

Buyer Beware!

Tootrusting
Seymour, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IGM/nationwide/IGM-Only-an-Answering-Machine-Id-Been-Duped-Internet-461113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IGM

IGM

AUTHOR: Tootrusting - (U.S.A.)

IGM debited my bank account. Then returned amount to my account,but not before they caused me to be charged $105 in overdraft charges.

The man that finally called me did so only after I said in my 6th message that I had written areport about the company on the website Ripoff Report: By Consumers. He made a vague threat of slander, but everything I wrote in my original report was accurate.