Complaint Review: IK9 Privacy Matters & IK9 Privacy Plus Fraud Scam

• Updated: Sat, February 07, 2009

• Reported By:Freeport Kansas
IK9 Privacy Matters & IK9 Privacy Plus Fraud Scam
privacymatters-program.com/ Internet U.S.A.

AP9 Privacy Matters & IK9 Privacy Plus Unauthorized, fraudelent charges to my Credit Card Internet

I got an automated call from my credit card company yesterday and they wanted to know about 2 hits to my credit card that were pending. I looked at the statement online and replied no. They then said a customer service agent would call within 24 hours to speak with me. Today when they called there were 5 hits to my credit card that were pending. These charges were made by AP9 Privacy Matters and IK9 Privacy Plus. I looked at the IK9 website and I had never signed up for a credit keeper service. I then searched IK9 again and just below all the IK9 web sites I found numerous rip off reports. I read them and the rip off reports all were akin to my story.

The credit card company faxed me a document for me to sign to start the proceedings. The worst of it is I had to close my account and reopen a new one because my account had been compromised. What a pain in the neck. So now I have to wait up to 14 days for them to send me a new card.

Next step is to notify all companies I pay automatically using the card of the change. Bummer.

The worst part is my credit score will take a hit because of this. CRAZZAP!

Someone needs to shut this fraudulent company down. Privacy Matters, what a joke of a name! They steal your privacy so I am sure your lack of privacy matters.

FYI the charges to my account started after I bought a yahoo game online for my computer. I would think that Yahoo would be more secure than that. I bought the game on the 3rd and the next day I took 2 hits with 3 more following.

My advice is to check you credit card statement or bank statement every day to look for fraudulent charges such as these.

Faith
Freeport, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IK9-Privacy-Matters-IK9-Privacy-Plus-Fraud-Scam/internet/AP9-Privacy-Matters-IK9-Privacy-Plus-Unauthorized-fraudelent-charges-to-my-Credit-Card-421394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IK9 Privacy Matters & IK9 Privacy Plus Fraud Scam