Complaint Review: IKEA USA

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 05, 2009

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
IKEA USA
400 Alan Wood Road, Conshohoken, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

IKEA USA IKEA Latex Foam ERFJORD Deteriorated within weeks Conshohoken Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Warranty

Recently I purchased the top of the line IKEA natural Foam ERFJORD mattress. It felt fine in the store. However, within weeks it deteriorated into a useless piece of JUNK.

Within a month I began to feel most uncomfortable and noticed the mattress was getting softer by the day. Soon I developed incredibly painful hips and shoulders, to the point I could no longer sleep on the mattress. I didn't sleep all night and noticed my body would not relax on the terrible feeling surface. I quivered as my body fought the uncomfortable position I was being forced into, like sleeping in a hole with stiff sides. (Too soft can also hurt, the tensor effect of the surface fabric being stretched over the ever increasing hole as the material deteriorates makes it stiff, like a sagging hammock.)

I then found out that given the timeframe, I can not return this trashy product. I bought it in December, I have persisted with it until now, May.

I will have to dump the mattress and find a replacement.

This Erjeford did not live up to the look and feel of other durable and reputable natural foam mattresses which last for many years.

The pain inducing deterioration of IKEA mattresses was described in other postings and blogs I found on the web complaining about IKEA mattresses.

Alfred
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IKEA-USA/Conshohoken-Pennsylvania-19428/IKEA-USA-IKEA-Latex-Foam-ERFJORD-Deteriorated-within-weeks-Conshohoken-Pennsylvania-448982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IKEA USA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Warranty

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

If this happened so quickly, have you spoken with IKEA's warranty company? All their mattresses come with a 25 year warranty against defects. It sound like you are the perfect candidate.

I did see they have a 90 day sleep on it policy, why did you let it go so long before you contacted them?