Complaint Review: IKEA

• Reported By: Mariana — Highland Indiana
IKEA
750 E. Boughton Road Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

IKEA False advertising at Ikea Store Bolingbrook Illinois

*Author of original report: Thank you for taking care of your loyal customer

*UPDATE Employee: IKEA Bolingbrook Eat For Free

*Author of original report: restaurant was $15. Total furniture purchase was $190

*Consumer Comment: Questions..

This is a  complaint about false advertising. I visited Ikea Bolingbrook store on July 4, 2013.

Huge signs advertising free meal  in the restaurant between July 4 and Jyly 7, 2013  with every purchase over $150.00  were placed in  multiple locations around store.

Flip-up style signs were as well placed on every table in the Ikea restaurant.

The price of the meal was to be deducted at the time of check-out.

My total purchase was way over $150.00 .

I presented a restaurant  receipt #139710  in the amount of $15.37  to the cashier only to be told that   ad was a misprint and that it won't be honored.

As a  loyal Ikea customer I was deeply disappointed with the the way this was handled.

Customers have been deceived. Store should stand behind their advertisement and it should honor it.

Customer should not bear the expense of incorrect ad. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IKEA/Bolingbrook-Illinois-60440/IKEA-False-advertising-at-Ikea-Store-Bolingbrook-Illinois-1064478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IKEA

Thank you for taking care of your loyal customer

AUTHOR: Mariana Ciric - ()

Hello Ms Fisher,

Thank you for your prompt response and for taking   time to look into this issue and offering to resolve it in a very professional manner.

I'm attaching scanned images of both of my receipts. I attempted to contact you few times (and left a message once)

Please let me know if there is anything else that you need me to provide or do to resolve this.

Thank you very much for all of your help!

I hope to receive refund soon!

IKEA Bolingbrook Eat For Free

AUTHOR: IKEA Bolingbrook - ()

Hello,

I do apologize for your inconvenience with our Eat For Free promotion.  You are correct, there was a misprint and the Eat For Free signs were incorrectly printed stating we had an event taking place July 4-7th.  Unfortunately, about 10 of the signs made it onto our restaurant table.

Our cashiers had been asked to contact a manager if a customer came through with a receipt to claim the offer so that we could manually approve the refund due to our error.  I apologized that you were not taken care of.   If you would like, please call 888-888-4532 and ask the Customer Service representative to patch your call through to me and I'll be sure to work with our team to refund your meal cost.  All I'll need is a copy of your receipt showing the purchase was over $150.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Wanda Fisher

Local Marketing Specialist

IKEA Bolingbrook

restaurant was $15. Total furniture purchase was $190

AUTHOR: Mariana - ()

Bill for the restaurant was $15.

Total furniture purchase was $190 which is over required $150.

Of course I ate first - that $15 restauran bill was supposed to be deducted from furniture purchase at the time of checkout. It did not happen.

Cashier stated  there was a misprint in ad and that it  was not supposed to  be placed anywhere. But it was - all over the store and,  as I said previously, on every single  table at the  Ikea restaurant.

Cashier  claimed only one date should be listed and the July 4 through July 7 ahould not be in the print .

But   it was printed and posted all over the store  and, bottom line,  should be honored.

Questions..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

What exactly did the ad say?

First off $15.37 is way under $150.  So did you mean $153.7(something), did you have more than one receipt?

Because was your $150 before or after tax?  Most times these deals are based on pre-tax purchases.  So if you were at $149 before tax and over $150 after..you don't qualify.  Also, many of these offers require the purchases to be on the same receipt.  So if you had 2 or more receipts adding up to $150 it may not have qualified.

Then the question is timing..did you eat first and then go shopping?  Because there could have been some exclusion that prior purchases don't count.