- Report: #472321
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: IKEA
IKEAikea.com Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.
IKEA if the item is not available on the lowest shelf, you wont get it Tempe Arizona
*UPDATE Employee: An explination
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
So after going thru to store and its complex system of paths we ended up having about $600 worth of self assemble crap on our cart, and the last item, our awesome coffe table should be ready on Isle 32 bin 16 (something like that).
So its about 5 pm, and I am standing in front of Isle 32 bin 16 and to my astounishment there is no coffee table. I am sad. I really wanted that table. So I look up in the same Isle and bin and about 3 shelf up there lies a pallet of the table I want. Oh joy! Let me find an associate and have them get me one.
And here we go, so the associate informs me its against their policy to operate the forklifts during business hours due to liabilities. Being American, I ask for the supervisor. Same thing, ask for the manage explain my situaution. 40 miles, gas, time, love for the table etc ....
So they offer me the following options:
1. Wait till the store closes then I will get the table, Store closes at 9 pm, and its about 5.15 pm.
2. Come back tomorrow (and hope it son the lower shelf).
3. Pay $70 to have a truck drop it off in a few days. I a mnot goint to pay $75 because your insufficencies. Free delivery would have been ok by me. After trying to explain to them what this means to me, I leave the store and go somewhere else where they have the table ready for me right away.
So I send a note on ikea.com explaining this issue, and Shaniqua (name changed to protect a poor call center agent) tells me this story about liability,etc. I told her its not my fault they can not properly stock up or forecast demand. This was my last trip to IKEA till they change their stupid policy.
I salute you Lowe's and Home depot for closing isles and getting an item for your customer. Way to go!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IKEA/Tempe-Arizona-85284/IKEA-if-the-item-is-not-available-on-the-lowest-shelf-you-wont-get-it-Tempe-Arizona-472321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.