Complaint Review: IKEA

• Submitted: Tue, November 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 04, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
ikea.com Nationwide U.S.A.

IKEA Missing parts made my purchase completely useless with terrible customer service to boot! Tempe Arizona

So I took the advice of my friends and family to give Ikea a try (a lot of them are from California and they swear by the place) so I figured I would brave the big blue and yellow monstrosity with bravery in mind and an appetite for a good deal when I was in the market for a new desk. I'll let the uber-hip sheik interior pass without reprimand as the real problem was when I bought my desk and finally carted it back home, it was missing half the screws. So I carted the darned thing back to the store and the customer service simply shrugged their shoulders. Literally, it was nothing more than that. So I've written to corporate. This is truly unacceptable.

What am I going to do with a half allotment of wonky screws, a few pieces of polished wood and an Allen wrench? Good riddance. If you do shop there make sure you check that everything is in the package as promised.

Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IKEA/nationwide/IKEA-Missing-parts-made-my-purchase-completely-useless-with-terrible-customer-service-to-b-387876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IKEA