Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices Inc. - PROTECTIDTODAY

• Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Newburgh Indiana
ILD Teleservices Inc. - PROTECTIDTODAY
www.ildteleservices.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices Inc. - PROTECTIDTODAY Put unauthorized charges on my phone bill Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Hope You're Handled, If Not Let Us Know.....

ILD teleservices added $14.95 to my phone bill for Protectidtoday.com I called ILD and they said it would take 3 or 4 billing cycles to stop the charges and credit them back to my phone bill. I called AT&T and they said it would take 1 or 2 business days to credit my phone bill and stop the charges.
I also directed AT&T to no longer allow third party charges to my phone bill. No problem there either. AT&T did say that they are required by FTC mandate to allow these charges unless the consumer blocks them.
I filed a complaint with the FTC and wrote my congressman asking that legitimate companies like AT&T no longer be required to act as billing agents for fraudsters like ILD.

Dan
Newburgh, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2009 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices-Inc-PROTECTIDTODAY/nationwide/ILD-Teleservices-Inc-PROTECTIDTODAY-Put-unauthorized-charges-on-my-phone-bill-Ponte-Ved-462154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices Inc. - PROTECTIDTODAY

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Hope You're Handled, If Not Let Us Know.....

AUTHOR: Ild-Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

Hi Dan,

I'd like to assure you that ILD strongly condemns and does not participate in cramming which is the practice of placing unauthorized or misleading charges on a telephone bill. We process over 120 million transactions each year for buyers and merchants that's over a half of a billion dollars in purchases, and only a small fraction result in disputes and chargebacks, just like with credit cards. When there are disputes, ILD investigates these with its merchants and makes sure that credits are applied back to the phone bill, just like credit card company standards. ILD continually monitors complaint levels against the merchant who the bills through us, and if we find a merchant in violation of our policies, we have and will terminate their billing agreement. So, if you feel you have been crammed or charged without your consent, please let us know. Send an email to askild@ildmail.com or call us at (800) 953-7765.

Best,