Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices Inc. aka Liberty Online Services

• Updated: Sat, November 23, 2002

• Reported By:Natick MA
ILD Teleservices Inc. aka Liberty Online Services
Maclean, Virginia U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices aka Liberty Online Services I was billed for a service I never subscribed to fraudulent ripoff business Maclean Virginia

I received a bill from Verizon, my phone company, that included a bill on behalf of Liberty Online Services, aka ILD Teleservices. I called Verizon, and was told I had subscribed to an online directory and web service, and was given the number of Liberty Online Services. I was then informed I had agreed to advertise on the web and would I like to listen to a tape of the conversation in which I had made such an agreement.

I listened, and could discern a voice that could have been my mine merely saying "yes" when asked to verify my name and address. I do not remember agreeing to advertise on the web, and I definitely never agreed to pay for such advertising. I have no interest in internet sales and have always refused such offers.

This is fraudulent telemarketing that turns "No" into "Yes" and then gets your phone company to send you the bill. Do I have to pay the $30 I am being charged - for I don't know what? AND, I could not find Liberty Online Services on the Internet.

Natick, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2002 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices-Inc-aka-Liberty-Online-Services/Maclean-Virginia/ILD-Teleservices-aka-Liberty-Online-Services-I-was-billed-for-a-service-I-never-subscribed-36077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices Inc. aka Liberty Online Services