Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, January 24, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By: Outdone — New York New York United States of America
ILD Teleservices Inc.

ILD Teleservices Inc. Intellicall Op Svcs. Exorbitant charge for a 1 minute collect call placed from a pay phone, Internet

In December 2011, while driving northbound on the NJ Turnpike I realized I had left my cell phone at a relative's house so  I needed to pull off into a rest/truck stop off of Exit 12 Northbound to find a pay phone to make an emergency collect call to Manhattan to let my family know I could not be reached, but that I was safe.  I found a pay phone, placed .25 into it, dialed 0, and then pressed the numbers for the collect call.  The call went smoothly and I returned to my car and destination.

However, the following month, I received a bill from Verizon which included call detail for the collect call and was alarmed to see that I was billed on behalf of Intellicall Op Svcs the amount of $16.98 for a one minute phone call.  The phone bill included that for questions concerning this portion of your bill, please contact ILD Teleservices Inc. at 1 -800-433-4518.  And that's what I did.  I called that number after doing my research and blasted them for their bloated and inflated price gauging.  Supposedly I will be getting a refund in 1 to 3 billing cycles, but let this be a lesson to companies like ILDServices:  We are informed consumers, and will no longer tolerate being ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices-Inc/internet/ILD-Teleservices-Inc-Intellicall-Op-Svcs-Exorbitant-charge-for-a-1-minute-collect-call-p-827715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices Inc.