installed

• Submitted: Fri, April 24, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Johnson City Tennessee
ILD Teleservices
P. O. Box 151624 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices Unknowingly billed my telephone account in behalf of PBA Voice Mail. How this started I do not know as it must have been hidden in some Internet exposure. ILD said my phone account will be reimbursed for the charges and the service cancelled but it will take a billing cycle or two to happen. In the mean time, I have been billed by Clearwater Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ways to protect yourself from being crammed

I was called by an Embarq representative about two "third party" charges to my phone bill to verify their validity. One was from ILD Teleservices Inc in behalf of PBA Voice Mail. I don't know which one is the crook here or are they both? ILD is a billing service for other companies but do they not check out their clients before accepting them and billing unsuspecting people? ILD says they will stop the billing and my two charges will be refunded but it will take a billing cycle or two to accomplish this. In the mean time, Embarq has added a third party billing block to my phone service to help prevent this type of scam.

Keith j
Johnson City, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2009 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices/Clearwater-Florida-33766/ILD-Teleservices-Unknowingly-billed-my-telephone-account-in-behalf-of-PBA-Voice-Mail-How-446186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ways to protect yourself from being crammed

AUTHOR: Ild-Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

ILD recently posted an article on what you can do to protect yourself against cramming. Here's a summary, but you can read more on our blog at www.ildteleservicesblog.com.

Like any bill, it's important to closely review your phone bill each and every month because whether it's your phone bill, credit card statement, electric or cable, sometimes charges end up on your bill that you should question. Your phone bill should be treated like any other purchase you make, so take a few minutes each month and closely review all of the charges, just like you do with your bank statement and credit card statements.

Here's some great advice, courtesy of the FCC, on how to protect yourself and save money.

Ask yourself the following questions as you review your telephone bill:
1) Do I recognize the names of all the companies listed on my bill?
2) What services were provided by the listed companies?
3) Does my bill include charges for calls I did not place and services I did not authorize?
4) Are the rates and line items consistent with the rates and line items that the company quoted to me?

For more tips on how to protect yourself, visit our website www.ildteleservices.com and click through to our blog.

Best,