Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices

• Submitted: Sat, July 13, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 09, 2003

• Reported By:McLean VA
ILD Teleservices
1519 Woodacre Drive McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices ripoff McLean Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: ILD RIP-OFF HERE TOO!

*Consumer Comment: Could it be ILD and Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion Technologies.

*Consumer Comment: authorized agent for an local telephone company

*Consumer Suggestion: Number to call and get ILD Teleservices

U was called by ILD Teleservices. Offered me a chci for $50, and reduced charges. Said no fees. I said OK (dummy!) Next, I received a leetter from AT&T saying don't want to lose you, etc. and sent me a check for $20 - said tht if I cashed it, it would invalidate the ILD offer.

So I cashed the $20 - glad to stay with AT&T. Now, I see that my Verizon bill has a charge from ILD Teleservices of $12.05. Called Verizon, office closed, Recording said to call AT&T for billing quetions. Did that, they could not answer - not in their directory. How can I get rid of ILD Teleservices? Please help! Thanks. .

Sally
McLean, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2002 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices/McLean-Virginia/ILD-Teleservices-ripoff-McLean-Virginia-24549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices

#1 Consumer Suggestion

ILD RIP-OFF HERE TOO!

AUTHOR: Tracy - (U.S.A.)

I also got ripped off by ILD, through a company called Venus Voicemail. I contacted ILD at the number 1-800-433-4518, but then they had to give me the correct number for "Venus" which is the company that signed me up for their voicemail without my authorization. I also sent an on-line complaint to the Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov. There may be another company named on your phone bill, and if so, call ILD and get that number. My understanding is that ILD does billing for some of these other companies. Please keep searching for these answers to stop this illegal practice from unethical companies!

Could it be ILD and Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion Technologies.

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

McLean Va. seems to be a hot bed for long distance scams. Could it be that all these companies are tied together? I am doing some research and am finding some very interesting similarities. I am also getting hot on the trail of some of these so called respected executives. It will only be a matter of a short time before I have phone numbers and listings of some of these parasites.

authorized agent for an local telephone company

AUTHOR: Amber Murrell - ()

I am an authorized agent for an local telephone company. I do all that I can to help my customers get what hey need, want , and deserve. I sat with my customer who was being charged for an internet service provider that they did not need at all. The already had one. Anyway, I was tring to help them with this problem and we found this websight that said that ILD had been ripping off other people and thought that it would be aa good idea to file a complaint. I have heard of slamming and scamming and this seems to be a perfect case scenario of this. We tried to call the help number listed on this page, but to no avail, we got no where. Something really needs to be done, before customers stop paying their local bills and lose service.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Number to call and get ILD Teleservices

AUTHOR: Tracy - ()

This is the number I have for this company...
800 433-4518.

I know this is a valid number for Pennsylvania. I am unsure if you have to be in that state to use it or if you account has to originate there but I do know it is a valid number.