Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Totowa New Jersey
ILD Teleservices
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices - Verizon Voicemail Professionals-Usprizedraw.com prizedraw.com does the phishing, sells tel.# to voicemail profesionals, ILD uses Verizon to bill us and they all profit Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

This is how it went in my case.
I got this info. from maybe a naive ILD rep. when I called them about my complaint....
Apparently, someone in my house went on to www.prizedraw.com for the chance to win an Ipod or some sort of a prize.
A form with all kinds of personal information was filled, including: name, birth date, address and tel no.
Prizedraw.com sells that information to, or partners with Voicemail Professionals (Google can't find Voicemail Profess.on the web).
Ild does the billing for Voicemail sending it to Verizon (all profiting from it in the process).
We, the customers, get the charges on our phone bill along with the problem of trying to fix it.
Verizon is not very cooperative in fixing the problem because it also profits from it.
It was of no use complaining to Verizon that the name of the person that filled the form on prizedraw.com was not mine, the one on record for that tel. no.
Verizon refused to remove the charges telling me that it was my responsability to call ILD and have the charges credited from them.
After a very 30 mi. upsetting conversation, Verizon agreed to put a block on my phone, but I still had to call ILD for the credit.
By the way, this is my third round with Verizon about the same problem but with different companies.
Needles to say, Verizon and other utilities companies alike, accept billing on behalf of any company that can match an address with a tel. no.
It is time for all of us to get together an have this billing scam stopped, making it illegal once and for all.

Guitarman
Totowa, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices/Ponte-Vedra-Beach-Florida-32082/ILD-Teleservices-Verizon-Voicemail-Professionals-Usprizedrawcom-prizedrawcom-does-the-443657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices