Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices

• Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Parkersburg West Virginia
ILD Teleservices
ildtelecom.com Internet U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices RIPOFF ADDS CHARGES TO MY PHONE BILL FOR VOICE MAIL I NEVER AUTHORIZED Internet

Noticing that my phone bill (Verizon) was running higher than usual, I checked the fees and for the past three months there had been a charge of $13.22 for ILD Teleservices. I had never even heard of ILD Teleservices!! I called Verizon and asked them to remove the charges since I had not authorized any additional services, but they said it was added by an outside provider and they could not remove them; I would have to call ILD, and they gave me the 800 number (800-433-4518). Customer rep checks it out and tells me that when I signed up on the internet for coupons that it signed me up for this service!!! Hey, I never saw that fine print anywhere! I remember it got to a point where it was asking for more info and I just exited. I got an e-mail later asking me to finish and I deleted it. He says because I entered my birthdate, it is like an electronic signature!! Well, I learned something! He did agree to credit my phone bill for up to 3 months and that is what I have been charged, so I will come out ok if the credit eventually shows up on my account. I just learned to beware what you put out there on the internet, even if it's just for freaking coupons!!! It could be for a lot more!!

Terri
Parkersburg, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-Teleservices/internet/ILD-Teleservices-RIPOFF-ADDS-CHARGES-TO-MY-PHONE-BILL-FOR-VOICE-MAIL-I-NEVER-AUTHORIZED-In-267428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices