Complaint Review: ILD Teleservices/American EVoice

• Updated: Sun, July 12, 2009

• Reported By:Fitchburg Massachusetts
ILD Teleservices/American EVoice
myamericanevoice.com/ Internet U.S.A.

ILD Teleservices/American EVoice Fraudulent charges on my Verizon bill. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: American Evoice has no affiliation with j2 Global's eVoice technology

When my Verizon Bill looked to me more than usual, I noticed a charge from ILD Teleservices for $14.95 for American eVoice services. I contacted Verizon who told me to contact them directly and gave me the same 800 number that is on the bill of 1-800-433-4518. I spoke to Xang who told me that the charge was made by my husband and he listed all his information. I told him there is no way my husband would authorize these charges when we already get voicemail through our home and cell phones. I didn't make any sense. He said the purchase was made on www.mediashaperz.com (which I've read is a Canadian company that cells CDs). Xang told me there was nothing he could do and that they don't just go around charging people for no reason and that my husband had to authorize it.

After getting off the phone I talked to my husband who confirmed he never authorized anything either. After reading some of the complaints on this website, I got the American eVoice phone number and called them and they cancelled the service and gave me two months credit.

I'm just so disappointed that putting your local phone number into an internet form can be used to put a charge on your bill and the phone company cannot prevent this. It's totally criminal.

Liz
Fitchburg, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ILD-TeleservicesAmerican-EVoice/internet/ILD-TeleservicesAmerican-EVoice-Fraudulent-charges-on-my-Verizon-bill-Internet-318960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ILD Teleservices/American EVoice

#1 Consumer Suggestion

American Evoice has no affiliation with j2 Global's eVoice technology

AUTHOR: J2 Global Communications - (U.S.A.)

American Evoice has no affiliation with j2 Global's eVoice technology

The company mentioned in this post, American Evoice, and the services it offers, has no affiliation with or relationship to j2 Global Communications, Inc.'s eVoice family of trademarks, products or technology.

Additionally, it should be noted that j2 Global has no affiliation with the website mediashapers.com, also mentioned in this post.

eVoice is a registered trademark of j2 Global (NASDAQ: JCOM), is owned and marketed exclusively by j2 Global, and is currently being violated by American Evoice.

A related product of j2 Global is the eVoice Receptionist service, a virtual receptionist with auto-attendant, call forwarding and voicemail that is backed by j2 Global's extensive worldwide telecommunications network and customer service team.

Learn more at the official eVoice website, http://home.evoice.com/s/r/evoice_evr, or contact eVoice at (888) 865-6650 or via email, sales@mail.evoice.com.

card