Complaint Review: IMC, Magazine Company

• Reported By: Josh — Northern CO Colorado United States of America
IMC, Magazine Company
Clearwater, Florida United States of America

IMC, Magazine Company One Million Dollar Sweepstakes Clearwater, Florida

I got a call on my cell phone from 1-866-394-9194. A kind woman answered name Natalie with IMC and said I was selected by one of my credit card companies either visa, mastercard, American express to be entered in One Million Dollar Sweepstakes with the enrollment in the offer to subscribe to a 48 Month, No Charge, Magazine Subscription that can be canceled at any time, all for being an outstanding card user. The deal is several magazines are sent for the price of one and I can change which magazines I want to get monthly. Natalie informed me that I was also going to be sent a mens watch in the mail also and said she the only charge will be $4.60. I asked why for the charge for a free trail, she said they at least need to charge me for one magazine. At this point I was eager to get the magazines and she finished by saying she was new to the company and her supervisor would call me to see how she did and asked I put in a good word for her.

A few minutes later I got a call from 1-888-847-8072. A gentleman named Darryl Holdman with IMC called me and said he was the supervisor. He said everything the first operator said and asked how Natalie did then immediately began to ask for my credit card number so I maybe charged the first fee. I began to feel this was a scam so I asked questions. I asked:

What does IMC stand for: He said I.M. Corporation. And they are in Clearwater. What is their website: He said just IMC, then apologized and said their website was down currently. (I was on my pc the whole time and couldnt find their website anywhere or mention of an IMC magazine!) Really the only info he gave me was his full name, name of the company, the city/state, and that he was a supervisor.

He sensed I was uncomfortable giving away my card number and spent 10 minutes explaining how it was the same as using it at a store or restaurant and reassuring me that the credit card companies expect us to use our credit cards knowing the chances of getting fraudulent charges and having programs to refund me if that does happen. Then he got personal by saying he has kids and wouldnt do fraudulent practices just to go to jail asking me if I ask calling their company a liar. He even asked me to get out a pen out to write out his credit card number and said to go make charges on it! In the End I said no and Darryl hung up.

Again the people are nice, but quick to get your card number every step of the way. IF YOU GET A CALL FROM IMC Magazine Sweepstakes Offer, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2010 09:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMC-Magazine-Company/Clearwater-Florida-/IMC-Magazine-Company-One-Million-Dollar-Sweepstakes-Clearwater-Florida-549965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMC, Magazine Company