Complaint Review: IMC, Magazine Company

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: daniel82 — Georgia United States of America
IMC, Magazine Company

IMC, Magazine Company Scam, Trick, Lie Internet

I got a phone call around 9:30 this morning from an unknown number. I'm always suspicious about unknown numbers, but I answered anyway because I got a call from an unknown number yesterday evening and they hung up after one ring. Today when I answered, a very polite young woman answered and started asking questions, what's your job, age, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Then she asked about my credit card, telling me that I was selected by a PUBLISHER because I had either a visa, mastercard, dicover, or an american express. I then asked her how she got my info and what it had to do with a publisher, since I don't purchase books or magazines. She then told me that it was this thing where all of the previously mentioned card companies got together to do a huge one million dollar giveaway to it preferred customers, and contracted them to do the leg work.

I found this interesting since my main form of payment is still cash, not my card. But I played along to see where this was goin. This chick knew my address, also strange since I just bought this house less than 2 months ago. She told me about what sounded like a really nice watch and a FREE subscription to 3 different magazines, then told me about a couple more magazines that I had to pay for at a discounted rate, still being as nice as she could be. But when I told her that i wasnt buying any magazine subscriptions because i didn't read any of the magazines she told me about, she thanked me for my time and immediately got off of the phone.

I then googled this sweepstakes & found this site with people complaining about the same scam. Fortunatly, I didnt give any info. So please be careful and don't fall for these a-holes and their scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMC-Magazine-Company/internet/IMC-Magazine-Company-Scam-Trick-Lie-Internet-843300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMC, Magazine Company