Complaint Review: IMDBSTARMETER.COM

• Updated: Sat, July 13, 2013

• Reported By: LA Actor — Beverly Hills California
IMDBSTARMETER.COM
Internet USA

IMDBSTARMETER.COM IMDB STAR METER.COM IMDB Star Meter charged me a monthly fee to 'improve" my IMDB Star meter on a weekly basis. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ONCE Again IMDBStars.com Ripped Me Off - Again

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I have tried and tried numerous times to contact you

*Consumer Comment: My Boyfriend and I were both scammed by IMDBStars

*Consumer Comment: IMDB Stars is a Rip Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please contact our company

I signed up for IMDBstarmeter.com service on their website. They stated they were able to boost anyone's IMBD rate into the top 5000. This was not true. My rating actually worsened. Infact IMDB (which is owned by Amazon) is able to detect this massive web searchs by companies like IMDBstarmeter.com and inturn, block your account from improvement for serveral months as some sort of penalty. I tried contacting IMDBstarmeter.com for a refund and I never heard back them. They only emailed me the first week, when I questioned them as to why my starmeter worsened, and they said they were working on the issue... which they never did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2013 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMDBSTARMETERCOM/internet/IMDBSTARMETERCOM-IMDB-STAR-METERCOM-IMDB-Star-Meter-charged-me-a-monthly-fee-to-improv-1066807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMDBSTARMETER.COM

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ONCE Again IMDBStars.com Ripped Me Off - Again

AUTHOR: MayraVetra - ()

I have written to the company over and over again in an attempt to get our money back and it is in dispute

They once again (the third month now) charged my account once again.

Seems they RIPP YOU OFF and Keep on Ripping you off.

Above the owner says CONTACT me:

WE do (Over and Over and Over and Over again

Still now response

Stay away from IMDBStars.com or they should change there name to IMDBRipOffStars.com

Shame on the owner for being a scumbag

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I have tried and tried numerous times to contact you

AUTHOR: MayraVetra - ()

My Boyfriend and I were both scammed by IMDBStars

AUTHOR: Mayra - ()

My boyfriend and I are both actors in New York City and LA scammed by this company. They promote, get your IMDB rating as low as 5000 with in the fisrt week or so. Foolishly we both believed them and foolishly we both paid like fools. One whole month went by and my BF meter ranking went from 49,000 to 89,000 mine went from 264,000 to 496,256.

We both had the same situation as the first writer our IMDB score nearly doubled to worse numbers

We wrote them a number of times with no response back 5 times with my nuber to call  or I and no response.

No Customer service

Do Not responde to emails (any of them)

Do Not deliver as promised

Ripp off Plain and simple

We encourage everyone to stay far away from thses scam artists.

M

IMDB Stars is a Rip Off

AUTHOR: pilot327 - ()

I also tried IMDBSTARS.COM. My ratings also worsened and it has been 2 months and my ratings keep getting worse even though I have booked 2 gigs that posted on IMDB. That should have raised my rating though it didn't. I emailed and asked for a refund and did not receive any response. If you check other sites that could be legitmate, they post right on their site that IMDB has changed their algorythems and that they say it will takes several months to see an improvement. ***Though I have to warn anyone interested in trying this... There are sites on Face Book, that post your picture and resume for anyone that has a quick jump in their rating. They look at your posted work and if they determine you used one of this sites because your rating is higher then well known actors they will post your name and picture and embarrass you publicly. They forward it to at least the top 8 agencies and casting directors as well.

This site is a total Rip OFF

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please contact our company

AUTHOR: Owner of IMDBstarmeter.com - ()

This report seems to be made by competetion. We take our reputation very seriously.

There are no customers we have ripped off.

Please contact us to correct any issue thank you.