Complaint Review: IMDb

• Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Axel — Butte Montana United States of America
IMDb
535 Terry Ave N Internet United States of America

IMDb They charged me $1.00 to my credit card without my consent, no costumer service number, I emailed them and they say "Sorry" Internet

*Author of original report: Ignorance saves you from any kind mistakes...

*General Comment: IMDB Starmeter Rebuttal

I was checking my Credit Card statement and I found $1.00 charge from IMDb {I didn't know what was IMDb} so I called my bank and they said this company charged me $1.00, I never signed up for anything, I only use this card for physical purchases {In stores} so I called them and they are very clear; they do NOT offer Costumer service - that's it, simple and easy for them. So I send them an Email asking them how did they get my information and they said;

Our records indicate that the credit card referenced in your message was used to activate an account on our site, IMDb.com. Please note: The credit card number was entered in our system but no charge was issued from us.

Regards,
Molly
The IMDb Help Desk

They were also very clear when they also said;

** NOTE: This message is sent from an unmonitored email address.

Replies will be discarded. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.

If you need to contact us, please use the form at

So I had to send them an Email again asking them for further information and they replied;

Due to security and privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss specific credit card transactions or other details directly with you; however, please rest assured that our fraud investigation department routinely cooperates with law enforcement and financial institutions on these matters; and upon request from them they will provide all information needed to investigate this matter.

... So, I had to cancel my credit card and I opened a new account. - IMDb just don't want to know anything else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMDb/internet/IMDb-They-charged-me-100-to-my-credit-card-without-my-consent-no-costumer-service-numb-836073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMDb

Ignorance saves you from any kind mistakes...

AUTHOR: Chupitos - ()

Look, One dollar here, One dollar there makes 2 Dollars ... First of all ... Your statment says "I'm not sure why someone has a problem that they can't afford $1.00"  .... That's not my problem darling, my problem is: I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANYTHING WITH THEM, THEY STOLE MY INFORMATION and even my bank did a deep investigation, from here I can not tell anything else, but next time before making silly statments like "I'm not sure why someone has a problem that they can't afford $1.00" try to do a little bit of extra research. Thank you.

#2 General Comment

IMDB Starmeter Rebuttal

AUTHOR: 741 maple ave - ()

IMDBStarmeter.com charges you one dollar to make sure your account is valid, I'm not sure why someone has a problem that they can't afford $1.00.  It cost more to improve your starmeter