Complaint Review: IMG - CYBERSONIC

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2002

• Reported By:Yonkers NY
IMG - CYBERSONIC
370 Amapola Avenue Suite 102 Torrance, California U.S.A.

CYBERSONIC tooth brush is a FRAUD

I purchased this product in good faith after seeing the infomercial on TV and the recognition of the celebrity involved. It lasted 2 days before the on-off switch stuck in the "on" position. A month later the whole unit started to heat up and broke down.

I made many attempts to contact their customer service via numerous e-mails (they do not even answer complaints sent to then online) and letters without anyone having the courtesy of acknowledging them. It literally takes hours to reach them by phone.

Therefore, I returned the defective unit on September 11, 2000 to Cybersonic located in Torrance California, but to this date (2/21/02), my account has not still been credited. It is mentioned on their web site, if ever needed of assistance to contact their customer service though email at their contact page, or at 1-800-770-7525. However, when I called 1-800-770-7525, I got the message "Due to the .....all operators are busy...!" and then it hung up. I NEVER got the chance to talk to a real person regarding this situation. Even when I called between the hours of 6 and 8 a.m., which their customer service claims is the best time to call, I still cannot get through!!!!

I even tried to call (310) 222-6906 which is the number to call to place an order. However, another dead end, I got a recording "Mail box full....call back..thank you.." and it hung up on me once more!!!
Their customer service is appalling and less than reputable. I have been misled and defrauded.

Though, Cybersonic claims to be committed to making sure customers are 100% satisfied with their purchase and clearly stipulates that the sonic toothbrush system comes with a one year guarantee on parts, materials, and workmanship, no customer representative had bothered responding to my e-mails and letters or to reverse the charges made to my credit card.

This has been an awful and frustrating ordeal. I will never recommend anyone to buy their products.
I know I'm not the only one who had to endure their unprofessionalism and lack of business ethical. They should be ashamed of themself!!!!
Catherine
Yonkers, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMG-CYBERSONIC/Torrance-California-90501/CYBERSONIC-tooth-brush-is-a-FRAUD-14853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMG - CYBERSONIC