- Report: #1070307
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: IMG Reading Service
IMG Reading Service, Select State/Province USA
IMG Reading Service sneaky
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My 18-year-old daughter received an unsolicited phone sales call from an IMG Representatiave. She told my daughter to enter her name to receive a "pretty diamond watch" and a chance to win a free Mustang. There was no mention of magazine subscriptions. Within a week, daughter received five magazines in the mail and noticed a $39 automatic withdrawal from her bank account. She called three times to have the subscriptions cancelled, with no action on the part of IMG. Finally, I took action and called IMG myself to put a stop to this. They claim that they sent a letter to her to opt-out of the subscriptions. This letter was never received. Hence, it was never received by them and they say that is permission to continue. To make it worse, they signed her up for 36 months of subscriptions, at $39 per month. Side note--My daughter had to stop taking college classes because she doesn't have tuition money. I finally got a customer service rep to cancel the service. I guess it takes a forceful father to get anything done.
1) IMG Reading Service calls to offer a gift and/or chance to win a Mustang.,
2) There is no mention of magazine subscriptions.,
3) They automatically subscribe you to multiple three-year magazine subscriptions.,
4) They claim to send an opt-out letter. This letter does not arrive.,
5) Lack of a signed opt-out letter gives, they say, permission to continue.,
6) Repeated calls to discontinue the subscriptions are ignored, until someone gets tough with them.
Salt-in-the-wound note: My daughter is a college student, However, she had to drop out of school because she does not have tuition money. Meanwhile, IMG is charging her $39 per month for something she didn't agree to.
Final word: IMG uses under-handed techniques for sell subscriptions to unsuspecting 'buyers'. Very unscrupulous.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMG-Reading-Service/Select-StateProvince/IMG-Reading-Service-sneaky-1070307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.