qualified

• Reported By: jrs397 — Evansville Indiana
IMVU
100 W. Evelyn Ave. #110 Mountain View, California USA

IMVU banned me without cause or notice Mountain View California

I signed up for IMVU back in February 2009. It sounded interesting after reading about it on a gaming review website. I made an avatar named TemplarDuLane. I made some really good friends on IMVU but as time went on,I started seeing an increase in drama among people I associated with on there and I just didn't want to deal with it,so I started going on less and less. In the last eight months,I would say I have only logged in two or three times,each time for periods between five and ten minutes.

Yesterday I received a notice from IMVU that my account had been permanently banned. They said it was for repeated violations of their terms of service. I read and re-read the TOS and I could not find anything that related to my situation or might have gotten me banned. I was immediately suspicious because,as I said,I don't login to IMVU much anymore. Another thing I have a problem with,if I was supposedly violating their terms of service,why did they not say anything before now? I received no warnings or notices of any kind. Yesterday was the first and only communication they had with me on the subject.

IMVU has a real money economy and from time to time I would purchase credits to buy my avatar different outfits,rooms,etc. Besides the four years I lost and the time and energy I spent decorating my avatar and my rooms,I also have now lost touch with all my friends on the site,not that anyone at IMVU headquarters cares. If I had to guess,I would say I lost over 500 items that were in my inventory (many of which were paid for with my own money),my avatar,and many friendships all because IMVU wants to start playing God all of a sudden,their word is law and frickin' canon,they can do no wrong.

The worst part of this is my account is banned permanently,which under IMVU guidelines means it can not be recovered under any circumstances. I've heard stories from other people about how IMVU has done the same to them,banning them for no reason or absurd reasons. If there is ever a lawsuit filed against them for this,damn skippy I'm gonna be one of the first to join it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMVU/Mountain-View-California-94041/IMVU-banned-me-without-cause-or-notice-Mountain-View-California-1074005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMVU