• Report: #620719

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By: John — New Jersey United States of America
IMVU

IMVU stole my money from my account and then disabled my imvu account Internet

IMVU, a chat software that connects you to people around the globe with the same software. You have 3D characters that you can dress up in exchange for "credits". Credits can cost money or you can get them for free by doing IMVU surveys or other things such as inviting friends to IMVU.
Credits vary in prices. I went to a site called http://www.cassiopeian.co.uk/, there, I bought 40,000 credits for a price of $21.85. I paid with my card and I got the credits, signed off and went to sleep. The next day I found out IMVU charged me about $252 dollars for no reason. I did not make any other payments at all. I contacted cassiopeian and they said they only got their $21.85, but my report didn't have a charge of that amount. I was charged five times that added up to $252.

I contacted IMVU through this help center that you must type out your problem and wait many hours for a response. When the response came, they blamed it on a power problem in their servers. Then I called their billing number which was very hard to find. They asked me for the case number and said everything will be solved. Well nothing was solved. They later Disabled my account because they thought I frauded myself! Why would I do that?!
The email said "Your account was disabled due to a report of payment fraud. To better understand what this means, to learn where to go to explain any misunderstandings that might have occurred, or to contest these charges and have your account re-enabled, please click Help at the top of any screen at http://www.imvu.com."

I did just about everything and it has been a month now. IMVU is a fail site and fails at customer care. Anyone who reads this. Do not buy any credits from IMVU or anywhere else. Just uninstall it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IMVU/internet/IMVU-stole-my-money-from-my-account-and-then-disabled-my-imvu-account-Internet-620719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IMVU