• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2007

• Reported By:arlington Georgia
2121 HOWARD STREET TORONTO, Ontario Canada

ING DIRECT FINANCIAL, INC ING DIRECT FINANCIAL INC claimed that I was winner of a sweepstakes, that was a hoax TORONTO Ontario Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: Hmmm

*Consumer Comment: "I would like to file a lawsuit against this company."

I would like to file a lawsuit against this company. This company gave me a check to cash to pay for taxes in the amount of $4550.

I cashed the check at a local bank. The funds of the check were not available. I was charged an additional $400.

The amount of the sweepstake winnings was $450,000. I would like to file a lawsuit for my loss of money,time,pain,suffering,and embarrassment. Someone please respond and help me as soon as possible.

arlington, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ING-DIRECT-FINANCIAL-INC/TORONTO-Ontario-V5N-3M5/ING-DIRECT-FINANCIAL-INC-ING-DIRECT-FINANCIAL-INC-claimed-that-I-was-winner-of-a-sweepsta-287752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ING DIRECT FINANCIAL, INC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

Well, I think you were a victim of a scam, but ING is not responsible. Here is what happened:

*Someone (not ING) sent you a letter stating that you won a sweepstakes that you did not apply to.
*Someone (the person who told you that you won) wrote a fake check using a fake (or possibly real) ING account.
* You got screwed.

Here is the deal: ING is a financial services company (bank) based overseas, but that does business in the US and Canada. They are a paperless bank, so they do not have checks. That was my first clue that this wasn't legit. Now, I don't expect you to have known that, the only reason I know is because I used to bank with them (found a better CU).

If you deposited this in your bank, alert them immediately. Call the authorities and turn over all records that you have (any letters, records of calls etc.) so hopefully they can catch these punks. Did this transaction involve you wiring cash back? That is ALWAYS a bad sign. Always.

Also, the fact that you had to pay taxes prior to recieving funds is suspicious. You would only have to pay taxes at the end of the year, in your normal filings. So why the separate check? Hmmm...

I am sorry you got scammed, but now you know. Don't let it happen again, and spread the word. Once everyone knows, these scumbags will be out of a job.

"I would like to file a lawsuit against this company."

AUTHOR: Bart - (U.S.A.)

Please do.......that would be funny then you can come to the gross realization that it was a scammer printing bogus checks and using random company names is who actually scammed you.