Complaint Review: ING Direct (Canada)

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:Kailua Hawaii
ING Direct (Canada)
111 Gordon Baker Road Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Ontario Canada

ING Direct Sent a letter stating that I won in the Second category of Sweepstake and Lottery Draw held on November 11th, 2008. An amount of $450,000.00. A check was enclosed in the amount of $4,950.00 to assist in paying for the Non Resident Government Service Tax which must be paid before the winnings can be legally released. Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I received a letter stating "We are pleased to advice you that you are one of the winners in the second cateory of Sweepstakes and Lottry Draw held on November 11th,2008.

There is a ticket serial number in the letter.

I am entitled to the sum of $450,000.00 payable to me by bank draft, money order or certified check.

There is a check enclosed in the amount of $4,950.00 which is deducted from my winnings.

The purpose of the check is to assist me in paying the Non Resident Government Service Tax, which must be paid before winnings can be legally released.

A Tax Agent is named: Walter Beller (I googled him... doesn't appear to be related to this line of work)

Tax amount is $3,900.00
Payment method: Money Gram I am sure that if I were to deposit the abundant check above and cut a "Money Gram" the check would bounce and I would lose the $3,900.

John Garfield is the Promotions Manager

I have emailed Ing Direct to let them know that their good name is being used to rip people off.
I have contacted my State Attorney General.

Fooj
Kailua, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ING-Direct-Canada/Toronto-Ontario-Canada-Ontario-V9Y-5G8/ING-Direct-Sent-a-letter-stating-that-I-won-in-the-Second-category-of-Sweepstake-and-Lotte-400896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ING Direct (Canada)