Complaint Review: ING Direct, Theo B. Camisole And Company,

111 Gordon Baker Rd. Toronto, Ontario Canada
  • Phone: 778-323-1900
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

ING Direct, Theo B. Camisole And Company They mailed a letter AND A CHECK saying I was a winner in the Sweepstake and Lottery Draw held on Oct. 1, 2008 Toronto Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Geezzz

I received a letter in the U.S. mail with an ING Direct logo at the top and a Toronto, Ontario, Canada address advising me I'd won $450,000.00 in the second category of Sweepstake and Lottery Draw held on October 1st, 2008. They gave me a ticket/serial number and enclosed a CHECK for $4,950.00 from Theo B. Camisole and Company, 24 Bayview St. Camden, ME.

They gave an assigned claim agent's name and phone number to contact which was Mikel Hamilton or Debbie Jones at Tel: 1-778-323-1900. I called the number and a woman answered "ING Direct" and when I asked questions such as her address, she would not give it to me until I told her who I was, which I did not.

The tax agent's name on the letter is Phyllis Drucker, 4860 NE 76th Ave. E, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. They want me to pay taxes "before winnings can be legally released." (Ha!) The check enclosed is to help me pay those taxes due!

After an Internet search, I discovered that Theo B. Camisole and Company is a lingerie and formal wear boutique. I'll probably take the check to my bank to report it.

This is a very authentic looking letter and CHECK and unless a person is CONSIDERABLY knowledgeable or suspicious of this kind of stuff, could be fooled very EASILY!

Does anyone have any additional info on this scam and how to bring these people to justice?

Thanks,

Rburn
Alabaster, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2008 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ING-Direct-Theo-B-Camisole-And-Company/Toronto-Ontario-V9Y-5G8/ING-Direct-Theo-B-Camisole-And-Company-They-mailed-a-letter-AND-A-CHECK-saying-I-was-a-w-395822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ING Direct, Theo B. Camisole And Company,

Geezzz

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

If you had bothered to check out the HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of reports on this scam on this site, you wouldn't have to ask that question.