Complaint Review: ING, Supervisor Tasha Smith

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Anon — chicago Illinois
ING, Supervisor Tasha Smith
PO Box 990064 Hartford, Connecticut USA

ING, Supervisor Tasha Smith ING charged fees without my consent; and failed to provide documentation supporting their case! Hartford Connecticut

I hold a retirement account at ING.  I pray that I never enter into a situation where I will need immediate  access to my own money.  Based upon ING's  track record I fear I would a birthday or two before I would see a dime.

My ING retirement account was set up though a former employer of mine; an employer I left in mid 2000.  I originally tried to roll this fund over into another account outside of their control that same year.  I was met with a mound of paperwork and red tape, of which I was poorly prepared to handle.  I suspect the sole purpose for these procedures were designed for exactly that reason:  to deter anyone from transferring money out.

Several years later (around 2008) I enlisted the aid of their customer service representatives in a second attempt to pry my funds free; if not from ING then at least from my former employer.  I believed it was done, only to see statement after statement confirming the contrary.

Currently, I have enlisted an agent of ING (whom I know personally)  to once again wrest control of my retirement account from underneath the direction of my former employer.  We have been very persistent this time.  We filled out forms, with signatures and notarized.  We sent faxes and e-mail.  We made calls and left messages.  We even went on line and repeatedly resubmitted redundant information, again.  I will be the first to admit that there was a disheartening moment or two where I would drag my feet and wait a week or two returning a form, but even with my delays I ask myself "is this process supposed to take  well over 7 months?!"  There was almost no follow-up from ING's end, almost as if they hoped  that the matter would just go away.

To rub salt in my wound, I was told that $150 in fees was going to be charged for a (not so) simple transfer of my funds from one ING account to another.  Please note that  I completely objected to these fees from day 1, and I informed everyone involved.  At no time whatsoever did I agree to such terms.

I am now dealing with Tasha Smith, a supervisor at ING.  I explained my situation and suggested that If such a fee was going to be enforced, then I would need to see my signature on a document stating such an outlandish charge.  Now, after waiting 3 weeks for her to reach out to my former employer, she admitted that they have no such document expressing my consent to such a fee.

She went on into a long explanation as to why  she believed ING had the right to charge such a fee; but the bottom line remains this:  If I never consented to such a fee, it is no longer a fee, it is theft!  I demand that  my stolen money be returned to me!

I am regretting leaving my money in an ING account, and I am open to a negotiation that closes out my accounts in their entirety with no further financial injury.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ING-Supervisor-Tasha-Smith/Hartford-Connecticut-06199-0064/ING-Supervisor-Tasha-Smith-ING-charged-fees-without-my-consent-and-failed-to-provide-do-1084054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ING, Supervisor Tasha Smith