rank

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
ING
ingdirect.com Internet U.S.A.

ING Direct Gave an harsh judgement Internet

I opened an ingdirect account early last year and was alarmed that it was closed without my permission and credited back into my checking account. I left it alone thinking that i could reopen the account at a later time as you would be able to do with any other bank that FDIC issured...right? Wrong!

I call ING's customer service line and the guy told me that i couldn't open the account at this time. So I asked him when would i be eligible to open my account. He looked into it and said "i don't know". After being on the phone with this guy for about an hour and being patient with him going back and forth with his supervisor. The outcome was that I could NEVER open up an account with ing again.

The customer service rep couldn't understand how they could come up with such a judgement since i: 1. Never overdrafted 2. I made some activity with the account. ING closed my account with a warning of any kind and told me that they did so beacause i had a low balance and not enough activity. This has to stop.

Yet they advertise like the rest... No service charges... No fees...No required minimum balnces... No hidden costs...and my favorite NO PENALTIES. Check out the Orange savings account info and read where it says that you don't have to keep a specific balance in your account.... What they did to me was outrageous. Please be careful with these guys they have tricks.

Pieces82
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2007 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ING/internet/ING-Direct-Gave-an-harsh-judgement-Internet-262470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ING