• Report: #194317

• Submitted: Thu, June 01, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 01, 2006

• Reported By:Buffalo Minnesota
INH Property Management
300 East St. Germain St. St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 320-252-2000
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

INH Property Management ripoff Makes Renting Feel Like Restitution sign your life away with Lee for Birchwood Apts. St. Cloud Minnesota

I rented from INH Properties for 8 months and paid my rent on time even when they said it was an extra 5 more dollars after the first 3 months I was there. I thought ok whatever maybe it was my mistake, so I called them and ask them to send me a copy of my lease I misplaced mine. I never received it.

I continued to pay the extra money while I had an upstairs neighbor blast music all day long and I told the property manager, she did nothing. I called Lee that worked in the office he made it sound like it would be taken care. It worked for one week and same stuff continued. I wanted to move but I signed a year lease.

So while I was serving my jail sentence of renting from these people more problems occurred. For example, the laundry room was directly next to my apt. and a hose came loose. Water got into my apt. and soaked the rug. INH's maintenance guys assured me that it would be taken care of in a couple days. My rug stayed ripped up for 2 weeks until they got it taken care of because I had to ask when.

They also had to come in and fix my kitchen sink twice and it still wasn't fix after that. I just ended up fixing it myself, I mean how hard is it to tell that the connector is stripped and can't seal it just needed replacing...how cheap can you get. While this was taking place the company I work for was expanding.

This was a perfect opportunity for me to move up with the company. So I decided to apply for the position only being in my current position 7 months. I didn't think I could get it, so when I did I got so excited. Because I wanted to further my career this company says I still owe them till the end of my lease and they started charging after I moved out when I still had questions.

I started getting letters in the mail to cover for the end of my lease even though the end of my lease wasn't up. I didn't think they were trying to rent out my apt., so I called and ask if I could look at there Birchwood apts. and I was told it would only be 2 or 3 days before they could show apts. because they didn't have the staff.

So now their problem has become mine and they charge me $300 for moving out early. They gave me a deal for moving in and tell me I have to pay that back and any other special offers I owe. I was only aware of the month free rent and know they tell me I was paying reduced rent that I have to pay back.

They finely got someone to move in my apt. 2 months after I moved out in a newly remodeled apt. and they had other vacancies I know that mine was the only one remodeled and they maid it clear to me when I signed my 60 day vacating notice they had to fill other apts. like they weren't going to show mine. They kept. my 400 deposit, charged me 300 for moving out early, 2 months rent of 495 a month and figure I still owe them 1589.68 and sent me to their legal dept. So I try to contact the Legal Dept. because I got a letter from them. There is no last name; however the first name is Don, so I ask for Don. I get Don's voice mail and I want to talk to him. So I called back got his voice mail, call back again got his voice mail.

I thought maybe he works out of the office all the time so I left a message and requested my lease agreement again. I waited three weeks to hear back and haven't, so I call and talk to Lee again. I think this company uses Lee to tie up matters longer so they can collect interest and make us look negligent for not paying for bills on time. He couldn't tell me what stage my paper work is in and he is in charge of handling Birchwood apartments leases.

He assured me that Don would call me ant that I would get my lease in the mail this time. He told me it was waiting up front for me for the longest time and I never came and got it. Well, I live an hour away I can't drive this every day or for a piece of paper you should have already sent me a long time ago. I don't want to pay these people a penny but I don't want to hurt my good credit score, so what can I do but pay these frauds.

Buffalo, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2006 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INH-Property-Management/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56304/INH-Property-Management-ripoff-Makes-Renting-Feel-Like-Restitution-sign-your-life-away-wit-194317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INH Property Management