• Submitted: Sun, May 26, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, May 26, 2013

• Reported By: curlymoa — Panama City Florida
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

INSTANT CHECKMATE Total FRAUD!! Ordered ONE-time report they kept charging my credit card montly subscription fee for 3 months!! Las Vegas Nevada

I purchased a ONE TIME REPORT from INSTANT CHECKMATE.COM, which BTW was completely WORTHLESS, and 3 credit card statements later realized they had been charging my card a monthly fee of $27!!

When I called the company they told me that I had signed up for a monthly membership and that the terms where on their website clearly stated, and that I had agreed to it when I purchased the report. I can assure you that I DID NOT agree to such thing nor was this information ANYWHERE on the page of my order. Needless to say, the service rep refused to issue a refund.

This practice is completely FRAUDULENT and sadly, completely legal. These companies are getting away with murder, and no-one seems to be doing anything to help the consumers. This is the second time this situation occurs to me, and the first time the merchant WON THE DISPUTE. These merchants can go in and alter the fine print on their website and provide the  credit card companies proof of the fraudulent fine print, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Needless to say, I will be filing a complaint against INSTANT CHECKMATE with the BBB. I have learned my lesson... In the future, I will only be buying from reputable online merchants (e.g., Amazon). And, did I mention, STAY AWAY FROM INSTANT CHECKMATE, THEY ARE WORTHLESS and will RIP YOU OFF??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2013 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INSTANT-CHECKMATE/Las-Vegas-Nevada/INSTANT-CHECKMATE-Total-FRAUD-Ordered-ONE-time-report-they-kept-charging-my-credit-car-1054040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INSTANT CHECKMATE