• Report: #197225

• Submitted: Mon, June 19, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 19, 2006

• Reported By:Vacaville California
Nationwide U.S.A.

We received our phone bill in March 2006 only to discover a $40.00 charge to an Atlantic MGMT commpany. Since everyone in the houshold was at work when said charge occured; I called our phone company AT&T/SBC to dispute the charge.

I was given 888-296-8079 to call for questions about my bill. A very professional and well spoken woman asked me for my phone number and name. I then told her about the charge and that there was no way anyone in our house made that call. She then informed me that the charges where made over the internet and that the person who "okayed" the charges had to authorize the charges twice, by hitting an accept icon, in order to complete the transaction. She also informed me that the fee was from a downloaded item.

First off, we have Cable internet. Our phone line has nothing to do with our internet! I tried to explain this to the woman at customer service but she insisted that I was wrong. She stated that "all you need to have is an internet connection and a phone line..."

UHHH, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but this lady was off the chart. The woman was getting upset that I was telling her she was wrong, so I hung up on her.

We are still having trouble resolving this issue.

Vacaville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2006 11:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTEGRETEL-ATLANIC-MANAGEMENT-RIP-OFF/nationwide/INTEGRETEL-ATLANIC-MANAGEMENT-RIP-OFF-PHONE-BILL-SCAM-Nationwide-197225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTEGRETEL ATLANIC MANAGEMENT RIP-OFF