Complaint Review: INTEGRETEL

• Reported By:West Palm Beach Florida
INTEGRETEL
, U.S.A.

INTEGRETEL, Inc Fraudulent Collect Call Charges Not Listed Nationwide

I received a charge on my 10 FEB 2005 BELLSOUTH telephone statement from a company identified as INTEGRETEL, 1-800-736-7500, for a collect call allegedly made to my home phone on 28 JAN 2005 from telephone number 914-576-1980. I live alone and I am 100% certain I did not accept a collect call.

I contacted INTEGRETEL on 21 FEB 2005 and advised them about the above situation. They stated that I had to provide them with additional personal information (full name, address, etc...) about myself and my telephone number before they could provide a credit to my account. I was reluctant to provide them the personal information requested, but did so to get the credit. This made me suspicious, since they had my telephone number, and there has been a lot of publicity about telephone and Internet scams recently.

When I completed the call to INTEGRETEL, I did an Internet search about them, and I found numerous postings from consumers who had received fraudulent charges from INTEGRETEL, similar to my situation.

I then contacted BELLSOUTH on 21 FEB 2005, my carrier and reported the above situation. I was switched to 7-8 different people and none of them were able to help me. I asked to speak to someone from their FRAUD Department, and all I got was the run-around, and no way to report fraud to BELLSOUTH. I find this amazing that a company the size of BELLSOUTH has no SECURITY or FRAUD department. Although all the BELLSOUTH representatives were polite, they were unable to resolve my situation. Finally, the last woman I spoke with said ONLY the FCC could handle this complaint. All the previous BELLSOUTH representatives told me to report this problem to INTEGRETEL. Why would I report a crime (fraud) to the party that committed the offense???? This is crazy - but was the only response I received from BELLSOUTH!!

It appears to me this company, INTEGRETEL, has a history of scamming consumers through their fraudulent billing practices. Further, now that they have additional personal information about me, what is to stop this from happening in the future? I posed this question to BELLSOUTH and they had no answer. Isn't Interstate wire fraud a federal offense?

Jim
West Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2005 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTEGRETEL//INTEGRETEL-Inc-Fraudulent-Collect-Call-Charges-Not-Listed-Nationwide-132169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTEGRETEL