desperate

• Updated: Tue, January 24, 2006

• Reported By:Bowie Maryland
INTEGRETEL
Internet U.S.A.

INTEGRETEL ripoff 900 TEL NO CHARGE I DID NOT CALL FOR $40.00 PERHAPS MY COMPUTER VIA SPYWARE UNBEKNOWN TO ME - I HAD NO RECOURSE DON'T KNOW INTERNET

My telephone bill from Verizon included a 900 telephone number charge, which I did not make. The number I was charged with is billed through Integretel, Inc and the company name was Atlantic Mg. The bill was for $40.00.
I had no idea how this happened. I called Verizon and they had me call Integretel who told me that it was for "Computer Reference".

After reading Rip-Off report I realized I was had. I am not sure what to do. I called them again and they offered me a 50% discount. I realized that I was being had.

Can you suggest what I can do to stop these people. I believe there may be a virus in my computer system which may be doing the automatic dialing. I have been cleaning my machine and I also put a block on all 900 calls.

Many thanks

Melvin
Bowie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2006 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTEGRETEL/internet/INTEGRETEL-ripoff-900-TEL-NO-CHARGE-I-DID-NOT-CALL-FOR-4000-PERHAPS-MY-COMPUTER-VIA-SPYW-173146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTEGRETEL