Complaint Review: INTER-GLOBAL LOTTO - Inter-Global Sweepstakes Lottery

• Updated: Tue, November 21, 2006

• Reported By:North Port Florida
INTER-GLOBAL LOTTO - Inter-Global Sweepstakes Lottery
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

INTER-GLOBAL LOTTO - Inter-Global Sweepstakes Lottery - Free Lotto Promotion Canadian Lotto Rip Off Vancouver, British Columbia

*Consumer Suggestion: The Check is NOT good

I received a similar latter and check for $1995.00 today. The letter instructed me to call a Canadian telephone number ( Heading on letter indicates " Author 79,7765 Amsterdam, Netherlands. From The Desk Of The Regional Coordinator Free Lotto Promotions." )
Signator is one Angela Thompson "Presidente". The individual to whom I spoke was Asian/Indian an "scripted".

I was directed to deposit the check for my "taxes" for my winnings and when the check had cleared my account, I was to call back to be redirected to the " accounting dept. and told where to send the tax money. My hearing isn't what it used to be but I thought she said something about Panamanian taxes which set the bells and whistles off with me. I'm a retired investigator so I was immediately sceptical.

The check, by the way is good. The bank it is drawn on is very reputable. Interesting!

I'd love to know what recourse, without legal contract they would have if you simply cashed the check! Nowhere does it say non-negotiable. Do they write this off as a risk of doing business.

I'M curious, I'd love to burn the Burmers for a change.

Kevin
North Port, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2006 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTER-GLOBAL-LOTTO-Inter-Global-Sweepstakes-Lottery/Vancouver-British-Columbia/INTER-GLOBAL-LOTTO-Inter-Global-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Free-Lotto-Promotion-Canadian-Lott-221677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTER-GLOBAL LOTTO - Inter-Global Sweepstakes Lottery

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The Check is NOT good

AUTHOR: Dave - (Canada)

In these scams, often the check is forged. The account is real. The bank is real. The signature is not.

This means the victim's bank is less likely to hold all the fund for long enough for the forgery to be caught at the other end. It can take as long as 60 days for the account holder at the other end to refuse to pay on that check.

In the meantime, the intended victim has the ability to take the money out of their bank account and send cash.

The money that is sitting in your account right now is not yours to spend. You know it isn't. It also doesn't belong to the "Burners". They don't risk anything, ever.