Complaint Review: INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTRE - Opportunities Unlimited Publications, Inc

• Submitted: Fri, April 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By: Ingrid — Waco Texas USA
INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTRE - Opportunities Unlimited Publications, Inc
1401 Armour Rd also PO Box 29637 or 169001 Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTRE - Opportunities Unlimited Publications, Inc Cash America Sent "opportunities" to my 90 year old mother. And then the publications became unlimited!!! The wording of the offers is always urgent, sounding very formal and official. The language is worded in Kansas City, Missouri

*Author of original report: Update to original report

My 90 year old mother received offers to participate in solving puzzles.  They were very easy.  The company kept sending more and more making them sound as if they were different contests and different twists to each "offer."  Bonus this and bonus that for a fee, of course.  And if you got something wrong then you could,for a fee, enter into some practices or some such thing.  The language in any of the offers and in the conditions that had to be met would have stumped an MIT graduate student.  The company sold her name and she got many other offers, many of them from subsidiaries of Cash America which is the parent compagny, I think.  There were days in which my mother got as many as 60 pieces of mail.  She spent in excess of $8,000 on these "games."  There was no clear end date for the game. And all kinds of other obfuscations.  I don't need to go into the gory details.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2010 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTERNATIONAL-AWARD-PAYMENT-CENTRE-Opportunities-Unlimited-Publications-Inc/Kansas-City-Missouri-64116/INTERNATIONAL-AWARD-PAYMENT-CENTRE-Opportunities-Unlimited-Publications-Inc-Cash-Americ-589010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTRE - Opportunities Unlimited Publications, Inc

Update to original report

AUTHOR: Ingrid - (USA)

I wanted everyone to know that the company sent my mother the money she had spent back.  Over $8000.  I am certain that it happened because a family member filed a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General Office.  My understanding is that government officials and other interested entities use the ripoff.org website as at least one criterion for responding to complaints.  The family member who filed the complaint is an attorney.  I don't know if that figured into the action the AG office took.  But the complainant was surprised himself that the AG office took such swift action.  I spoke to the customer service person, Erika Barrett, because I had sent her a list of 20 questions I wanted answers to, and I was coming for the conversation to obtain those answers.  I didn't even need to get into my 20 questions.  She stated that they were obliged to return my mother's money because the AG office demanded they do so.  I hope this is useful information for everybody in a similar situation.  We could not have asked for a better outcome.