Complaint Review: INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Provo Utah United States of America
INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
511 East San Ysidro Blvd. Suite 1770 Ysidro, California United States of America

INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS overcharged for a local payphone call Ysidro, California

I recently received a re loadable debit card in the mail.  Today I loaded it for the first time.  I placed a local call from a pay phone outside of a grocery store that was supposed to cost .50 but, upon looking at my statement when I got home I had a charge for $15.98 (for a local call!) I immediately called my card company and they told me I would have to wait until their records show a transaction & I would have to wait to file a dispute but, when I looked at my online statement, it was posted already which is why I called in the first place.  I then called the telecommunications company that charged me the $15.98 for a .50 local call & they said I would have to wait for my bank/card company to finalize the pending transaction.  What I don't understand is, why I got charged $15.98 in the first place when the sticker on the payphone clearly said, in bold letters, ". [continued below]....
.....50 for local calls"  I researched this problem online only to find many others who have had similar problems as I have. I found out that this could be a scam not only here in the U.S. but, I read of people in Canada that have had problems with this payphone scam.  What I want to know is how is it linked to payphones and why haven't the phone companies done anything about it? I couldn't find a website for the company.  The only thing I could find is ripoffreport.com with stories and situations from others who have had major problems with this company.  I for one am sick and tired of these companies thinking they can do whatever they want to us hard working people.  I sent an email to my local news station about this.  They have a man there who specializes in investigating fraudulent activities and scams so, I hope they return my money...for their sake!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTERNATIONAL-SATELLITE-COMMUNICATIONS/Ysidro-California-92173/INTERNATIONAL-SATELLITE-COMMUNICATIONS-overcharged-for-a-local-payphone-call-Ysidro-Cali-693856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS