• Report: #199791

• Submitted: Fri, July 07, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:LANCASTER California
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF POETS
ONE POETRY PLAZA OWINGS MILLS,, Maryland U.S.A.

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF POETS RIP OFF, RIPOFF, RIP-OFF RIP OFF. THEY FED ME B.S. OWINGS MILLS Maryland

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF POETRY SCAM ME INTO BUYING THEIR PHONEY BOOK, WHICH HAD MY POEM ON THE FIRST PAGE WHICH WAS NOT ATTACHED TO THE BOOK.I THOUGHT THAT WAS STRANGE.

THEN THEY E-MAIL ME REGULARLY WITH B.S. TELLING ME HOW GREAT MY POEM WAS AND TELLING ME TO COME TO THE CONVENTION THAT I WAS THE POET OF THE YEAR.

THEY FED ME B.S. ON WHAT THEY WAS GOING TO DO FOR ME IF I CAME. I NEVER REALLY CONSIDERED MYSELF A POET IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT, I GUESS, I WAS WISHFUL THINKING AND FELL FOR THEIR SCAM.

I MADE A DEPOSIT OF $75.00 FOR THE CONVENTION HOTEL TO POETRY.COM. THEY INFORMED ME THAT I HAD A BALANCE OF $520.00 I MADE THE DEPOSIT ON JULY 6TH AND IN THE AFTERNOON OF THE SAME DAY (JULY 6TH) THEY INFORM ME THAT THE BALANCE MUST BE PAID BY THE 10TH OF JULY.
THAT WOKE ME UP AND I FIGURED, I HAD BETTER CHECK WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THEN I BECAME AWARE OF RIP-OFF REPORT.COM.

I AM WILLING TO WORK WITH RIP-OFF REPORT TO STOP THIS SCAM.

THANK YOU.

James T.
LANCASTER, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2006 01:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTERNATIONAL-SOCIETY-OF-POETS/OWINGS-MILLS-Maryland-21117/INTERNATIONAL-SOCIETY-OF-POETS-RIP-OFF-RIPOFF-RIP-OFF-RIP-OFF-THEY-FED-ME-BS-OWINGS-M-199791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF POETS