Journal

• Submitted: Thu, May 08, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2003

• Reported By:Solon Iowa
INTERNET TREASURE CHEST
6960 EASTGATE BLVD. LEBANON, Tennessee U.S.A.

INTERNET TREASURE CHEST MERCHANT ACCOUNT NEVER CANCELLED. STILL PAYING FOR IT consumer rip-off fraud LEBANON Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I too am STILL being billed by ITC!! Long after refund!

In October of 2002, I started up a Merchant Account with ITC, only to immediately change my mind, wanting more time to look over the paperwork and make a decision. To this day, the merchant account has not been cancelled by the company. They admit to getting what is termed in their company as a "3 day cancel" but never cancelled it. Since that time, up to this day, I have had $210.00 taken out of my bank account because of their screw-up. Am STILL trying to get to the right person to get it cancelled.

Jaimie
Solon, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2003 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTERNET-TREASURE-CHEST/LEBANON-Tennessee-37090/INTERNET-TREASURE-CHEST-MERCHANT-ACCOUNT-NEVER-CANCELLED-STILL-PAYING-FOR-IT-consumer-ri-56170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTERNET TREASURE CHEST

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I too am STILL being billed by ITC!! Long after refund!

AUTHOR: Diane - (U.S.A.)

Back in May of 2001, I ordered the ITC basic package and even went so far as to set up the website, but never really put any thought into it. Within a week, I realized it was a waste and I should get a refund, which the operator processed for me. They gave me a confirmation number, I sent back the package, I received the check, when no one instructed me of anything further to be done, I figured all was hunky dory. WRONG!

The company tried to charge my credit card $276, which naturally did NOT work because I have luickily switched banks. They phoned me at work (as a "courtesy" before referring it to collections, which I'm sure they phrased that way because it's illegal to make a collections call to a person's place of business) and told me they expected me to pay $276 because I didn't e-mail the company and tell them to disconnect the website. !!!!

You can guess what I told THEM.