Complaint Review: INTUIT

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, May 15, 2004

• Reported By:SEDONA Arizona
INTUIT
8535 GARCIA AVE. MOUNTAIN VIEW, California U.S.A.

INTUIT TURBOTAX Faulty Turbotax software, cost $40.00 to install it. Intuit will not reimburse even though they admit to faulty software. MOUNTAIN VIEW California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yup, thats how it works... they can not guarantee that it will run on every computer

Intuit mailed their TurboTax, 2003 Deluxe, income tax software to my p.o. box.

When I attempted to install it, I got an error box message: "Error Creating Necessary Version Files, when installing TurboTax 2003." This error message had a date of December 2, 2003! And, the error was ongoing.

I could not install their $42.99 software purchased 2/06/04, and had to hire my computer guru to install it that cost me $40.00!

The correcting software for their error was extremely complex and only my computer guru could understand how to do it, and it took him one hour!

I described all the foregoing to Intuit in Mountainview and they told me, "Since you can now use the software, there is nothing we can do." I told them that I am out a total of $82.99 for the installed TurboTax. They said, "We cannot reimburse you for anything." Hence this report.

John
SEDONA, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2004 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTUIT/MOUNTAIN-VIEW-California-84043/INTUIT-TURBOTAX-Faulty-Turbotax-software-cost-4000-to-install-it-Intuit-will-not-reimb-82118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTUIT

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Gabriel - (U.S.A.)

Although Intuit isn't without it's problems, I have to agree with them on this stance. Intuit's policy on this is simple. They have tested the software to be sure it works correctly, however they can not guarantee that it will run on every computer. Usually (key word, usually) they are pretty good at assisting if the problem is a program defect, however rarely a program defect is the cause of your problems, as is evident by the other millions of users who successfully install and run the software.

In my opinion it is unfair to even expect a company to compensate you when you require assistance from a third party to install there software. Trust me, Microsoft wouldn't pay your technician costs if you had trouble installing MS Office.