Complaint Review: INTUIT

• Submitted: Fri, February 25, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 25, 2011

• Reported By: McDago — Waterloo Iowa Virgin Islands (US)
INTUIT
Nationwide United States of America

INTUIT Turbo Tax Hidden costs, Product deffective Internet, Nationwide

I purchased Turbo Tax Premier from a retailer for approx. $63.00 on 2/8/11.   After spending several hours installing, updating, and using the program, I continued to get error messages on my tax returns that the program would not let me correct.  Days later, some more updates were available, and I installed them. Since then, my computer has had nothing but problems!!!  Also, the Turbo Tax disc will not work at all. I have uninstalled & reinstalled it, but still nothing.

Every time I call the help customer support number, I spend 1.5hrs on hold, only to be disconnected.  I have called SEVERAL times! Today, I did finally get some support, but they could not fix the problem. I now have to mail back the disc to Turbo Tax and wait for a refund.

Additionally, people should know that you have to pay to download certain states. I ended up paying approx $40 to download IL, in addition to what I already paid for the actual software!  They do not advertise this or disclose it anywhere.  If I knew it would cost me over $100.00 to use Turbo Tax, I would have gone back to my accountant this year for the same price. I had chose to use this product for it's advertised "Ease of use" and "inexpensive" way of tax preparation.

This product is not what is advertised. The customer support is almost impossible to get a hold of, and the product has hidden costs that are not disclosed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2011 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTUIT/nationwide/INTUIT-Turbo-Tax-Hidden-costs-Product-deffective-Internet-Nationwide-699863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INTUIT