Complaint Review: IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL Teleservices

• Submitted: Fri, June 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 24, 2011

• Reported By:Woodside California
IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL Teleservices
8401 Datapoint Drive Suite 1000 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL Teleservices, exorbitant phone charges from pay phone San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: AT&T makes out with ILD phony charges

*General Comment: Not a rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Hope You've been Taken Care of

An emergency health situation at home required me to make some unexpected phone calls from out of state (From the midwest to CA).

The pay phone indicated I could use a credit card and I did so fully expecting to be charged a few dollars. The entry info was automated so I couldn't ask how much I was being charged. It turns out it was nearly $40 for a 6 minute call and $50 for a 12 minutes call. (I found out because my credit card company suspected fraudulent activity) Both calls were to California and were placed after 8 p.m. I contacted the customer service division of IOS Tel and they said the billing was correct and gave me a long list of prices and taxes.

A summary of one call:

$10.98 automated connection fee
$ 5.00 property impose (?)
$3.00 pay phone surcharge
$6.00 non suscriber fee
$1.75 billing fee
$6.93 tax
Rate $1.29 a minute

I do feel that this company is ripping people off. Had I had any idea of how exorbitant these fees would be I would not have used these services. Their representative told me I could have dialed 00 first to ask about charges but this was not obvious to a first time user and no one in their right mind would use this after they knew.

Woodside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IOS-ILD-Teleservices-IDL-Teleservices/San-Antonio-Texas/IOS-ILD-Teleservices-IDL-Teleservices-exorbitant-phone-charges-from-pay-phone-San-Anton-461292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL Teleservices

AT&T makes out with ILD phony charges

AUTHOR: milesgt - (United States of America)

I too have just found 10 15 15 800 charges on my AT&T bill.  They said they would put them in my file as contested, but if I didn't call ILD to dispute them ILD could send me to collections!

But let's look at where the money goes:

ILD - $4.95 for alleged 1 minute information call
AT&T  - $2.15 for USF and Carrier Admin Fee

Of course AT&T and I guess Verizon and the rest want to keep these guys in business.

Glad I don't have an AT&T iPhone too!  We've heard what they are overcharging for internet access...it was on 60 Minutes last Sunday.

They are all in bed together.

#2 General Comment

Not a rebuttal

AUTHOR: Nestor - (U.S.A.)

Owner, your post is hardly a rebuttal to the report. All I saw was a sorry attempt to advertise your services. Perhaps the consumer shouldn't have used a service where the terms were not clear to him, perhaps you should make your terms more clear to someone else. Whatever the case is, your post is not a rebuttal. You offer no solution, no explanation, nothing...you just advertised your services.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Hope You've been Taken Care of

AUTHOR: Ild-Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

Just like BillMeLater, PayPal, eBillMe and other no credit card required payment choices, ILD Teleservices gives merchants a way to offer you an alternative method to pay when you want to buy certain services online or over the phone. ILD is a regulated payment processor, so we are required to be compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards requirements, which is designed to make sure ALL companies that process, store or transmit payment information maintain a secure environment. ILD works with the phone companies, third party validation providers, and other institutions to keep phone bill transactions safe and our purchase assurance on phone billed charges is part of this program. If you feel like you've been charged in error, please contact us at askild@ildmail.com, call us at (800) 953-7765 or visit our help center online at ILDteleservices.com.