Complaint Review: IOS Telecom San Antonio TX

• Submitted: Sun, July 01, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 01, 2012

• Reported By: seaniebe — Rye New York United States of America
IOS Telecom San Antonio TX

IOS Telecom San Antonio TX IOS TEL 2 minute call ripoff within the same state $13.83 Internet

I was driving to pick up my son at Binghamton university,  my cell had no charge,  I stopped at a rest stop about 30 minutes away on route 17 and used a pay phone at the rest stop just to call him and let him know I was 30 minutes away.  the Call lasted less than 2 minutes,  but of course they round up and made it a 2 minute duration and charged me on my credit card $13.83.  This was all within New York State. An absolute ripoff. at most this call should have cost at most 3 or 4 dollars.  What kills me is that I was recently in Grand Cayman, and my calls from my verizon cell phone to the U.S. was a reasonable $1.99 per minute.   Some businesses have no morals whatsoever.  I used to be one that advocated less regulation,  but unfortunately the few ruin it for the rest of good decent business men who would do the right thing.  Now Im all for regulation to stop the greedy.

The other suspicious thing was i was trying to make a call using my verizon code, but the phone wouldnt let me, so i resorted to the method they described on the instructions on the phone.  Now I cant honestly say that i was remembering correctly how to trigger my verizon call,  maybe I just forgot exactly how to trigger verizon since this is the first time i have had to use a pay phone in about 10 years.

In any case, I would like to give a shout out to IOS Telecom for being a ripoff and the definition of greed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2012 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IOS-Telecom-San-Antonio-TX/internet/IOS-Telecom-San-Antonio-TX-IOS-TEL-2-minute-call-ripoff-within-the-same-state-1383-Inter-905311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IOS Telecom San Antonio TX