• Report: #762054

• Reported By: inCA — San Diego California United States of America
IOS Telecom
in Big Sur (Sand Dollar Beach), CA El Paso?, Texas United States of America

IOS Telecom ILD rip-off credit card phone call El Paso?, Texas

Add me to the litany of folks ripped off by this company (IOS). My particular crime was using a credit-card to make a phone call intrastate (CA to CA) for 1-2 minutes. I don't remember the alleged phone 'carrier', but I'm assuming it was AT&T who had their decal on the phone. Apparently IOS provides the long-distance service, however. The bill for this was $21.81. The same phone call using coins cost me $1.00.

The particular phone in question is next to the bathrooms at Sand Dollar Beach in Big Sur, CA. There is no cell service in the area and this is the only phone I'm aware of without going back to Gorda, about 6 miles away. For all I know the pay phones in Gorda are also run by IOS.

I'm right now contesting the charges with my credit card company. I've offered to pay $2.00 for the 'convenience' of using a credit card. We'll see what happens. I'm sure there's a special ring in h**l for these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2011 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IOS-Telecom/El-Paso-Texas-/IOS-Telecom-ILD-rip-off-credit-card-phone-call-El-Paso-Texas-762054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IOS Telecom