Complaint Review: IP Steel Bridge Medical

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 23, 2007

• Reported By:morganton North Carolina
IP Steel Bridge Medical
10161 Park Run Drive #150 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

IP Steel Bridge Medical False Advertising Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: Please follow up on these resources, to you -- the consumer!!

There was a pop-up advertisement on my computer that indicated I could get a free sample of Hoodia Complex whereas I would just be charged for shipping ($6.95). I ordered it, but then I was automatically charged $69.95 on my credit card for another bottle of this stuff that I did not order. On the pop-up advertisement, it stated NOTHING about a membership.

Once I was charged, I went to the website indicated on the package I initially received, www.lipoplex.com, and it indicated a membership once you bought an initial order. But it also indicated a 14-day cancelation option. So because I was within that window of time, I called to cancel. The rep told me that there was a 10-day cancelation period on my order and that I was past that. I said that nowhere on that pop-up ad did it say anything about a membership OR a 10-day cancelation period. She refused to refund the $69.95.

I believe this is false advertising because, even though that pop-up ad is linked to that website (www.lipoplex.com), it did not indicate that on the pop-up ad from which I initially ordered. It is a total scam and extremely deceptive. If that pop-up ad is linked to the website and you are expected to adhere to all the requirements, then why isn't the 14-day cancelation period effective as well? They told me I only had a 10-day window. (They charged me on the 11th day.) Only some things are applicable where it suits them in order to scam people out of their hard-earned money. Beware of that company!!!!!!

Walshie
morganton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IP-Steel-Bridge-Medical/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89145/IP-Steel-Bridge-Medical-False-Advertising-Las-Vegas-Nevada-293789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IP Steel Bridge Medical

Please follow up on these resources, to you -- the consumer!!

AUTHOR: Walshie - (U.S.A.)

bbb.com (to file a complaint)

complaint.tv (get your tv station investigative reporters involved)

rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?z_org_code=pu01 (federal trade commission)