Complaint Review: IPAGE

• Submitted: Sun, February 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, February 13, 2011

• Reported By: Maree — Fairmont West Virginia United States of America
70 Blanchard Road, 3rd Floor Burlington, Massachusetts United States of America

IPAGE www.ipage.com Their home page is a lie! They do not serve what they advertise Burlington, Massachusetts

I went with Ipage web hosting because they "claimed" they uploaded a web design program Dreamweaver.

When I up loaded my files after the first week in September, their hosting would not accept me using the "&" sign in the title, so it took me 3 months to redo my buttons, names of images & buttoms, files, so I made an index page and upon an enter button...I sent the site to my ftp at the University, I just graduated from as a link. you can find the old files at: www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/dreynolds3/AMRS

After I finally got everything in order, I paid for 2 pages to have a right click lock, and to this day, I never got it. It is past the 30 days so I can't get a credit from the bank. They keep kicking me off line, then I have people sending me messages through facebook my site doesn't work. And it is offline so many times. The last time (Feb 4-6, 2011) was the FINAL Straw! I told Daniel I was turning his company into the US Attorney General's Office.

On the index page of ipage's site, they offer all these deals. (Dollars) of discounts from Google, Facebook, Marketing, Design, Support, Securit...I got NOTHING! And due to the fact that I signed up as a web designer www.vital4signs.com, www.pageantgoodies.com and www.americasrisingstarspageant.com and I have gotten a ZERO credit for hosting and PageantGoodies also has a button with me using the "&" as names that I have to fix and I have been paying for 6 months of service for absolutly nothing.

Their company knows NOTHING when it comes to tech support with uploading from a Dreamweaver files. So, how am I suppose to do it, if their own tech support doesn't know how to do it? I spent 3 days, with trial & error, because I got no support, when they are the ones that get paid for tech support. Do they NOT know who to hire computer knowledgeable people to offer technical support? Support told me I had to save everything from a thumb drive to desktop to "C" hard drive so it will know where it is uploading from. And after all that work to do that, I figured out a way to override their system and upload the exact files from the thumb drive.

I am now working on three clients websites and I'll be damned if IPAGE will be hosing these sites! And I am just waiting for my 1 year to be up with this company the end of August!

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with and I say...buyer beware. Go with a company for web hosing that will back you and ALL of your needs to insure your website is working the way YOU want it to, not the way they want it to!

They send me survey after the calls. And if they ACTUALLY read them they would see that 9.5 times out of 10, technical support isn't technically supportive and that is their downfall. But IPAGE doesn't care...their is NO SERVICE after the SALE! NO matter what they say!

Just because they are listed in the top 4 on the hosting website search, doesn't mean they are 1-4th in service, support or customer care.

Don't go with IPAGE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2011 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IPAGE/Burlington-Massachusetts-01803/IPAGE-wwwipagecom-Their-home-page-is-a-lie-They-do-not-serve-what-they-advertise-Burlin-695049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IPAGE