• Report: #70160

Complaint Review: IPIU - International Private Investigators Union

Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

  • Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

  • Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
IPIU - International Private Investigators Union
www.ipiu.com Nationwide U.S.A.

IPIU - International Private Investigators Union This organization lures you to be a member so you can be employed as a Private Investigator Trainee Internet

*General Comment: IPIU follow-up

*Consumer Comment: Not sure who you are

*General Comment: ipiu "license"

*Consumer Comment: Beware of your license from tehm

*General Comment: IPIU Debate

*UPDATE Employee: You are an a*#

* : Just cover yourself

* : Just cover yourself

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Victim of Libel

*Consumer Comment: IPIU Explain this

*Consumer Suggestion: IPIU is NOT a Licensed PI Agency. NOT a Union.

*Consumer Comment: You have got to be kidding

*Consumer Suggestion: Yes, Private Investigators can perform a passive warrant check.

*Consumer Comment: IPIU Moderator Publicly Admits to A Federal Crime.

*Consumer Suggestion: More phony DTI names and nonsense scamming IPIU

*Consumer Comment: let the buyer beware. If you choose to pay IPIU money and become a member, when you realize you've been had just remember that many defrauded members tried to warn you

*Consumer Comment: Your days are numbered IPIU. Do not even think about using your illegally gotten personal information on 5,000 people for Identity theft

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: More phony DTI names scamming IPIU

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ex Member

*Consumer Comment: My Comments Are Not Those of Others

*Consumer Suggestion: DTI and their employees are scamming IPIU. Contact me for real truth.

*Consumer Comment: The rip off is real

*Consumer Comment: I will donate to the cause! Shut down IPIU

*Consumer Comment: IPIU Issues

*Consumer Suggestion: Michael, the Attorney Generals office has no such complaints!

*Consumer Comment: Montana State Consumer Affairs said IPIU was not a good organization to get involved with.

*Consumer Comment: IPIU Fraud. your writting sounds just like the other IPIU fantacy employees.

*Consumer Suggestion: IPIU is getting ripped off here!

*Consumer Comment: IUIP did me wrong too

*Author of original report: I hope that more individuals come forward and shut this organization down.

*Consumer Comment: Additional input, IPIU terminates level 4 access when they are aware that any members have contacted anyone outside of the forums.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Jeremy Lancaster is rebutting all these reports

*Consumer Comment: IPIU is a positive orgainization

*UPDATE Employee: Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

*UPDATE Employee: Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

*UPDATE Employee: Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

*UPDATE Employee: Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I received an email through posting an online resume with careerbuilder.com. IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement. I had everything covered completely.

Recently members from the Phoenix area were discussing on forum to get together and the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk. I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership and it was all over setting up a meeting for about five or six of us to get together for lunch.

I find this type of action as suspicious. Consumer beware invitations to become a Private Investigator through IPIU!

This organization is worldwide.

Jeffrey
Phoenix, Arizona
U.S.A.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2003 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IPIU-International-Private-Investigators-Union/nationwide/IPIU-International-Private-Investigators-Union-This-organization-lures-you-to-be-a-membe-70160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IPIU - International Private Investigators Union

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
0Author 34Consumer 3Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 General Comment

IPIU follow-up

AUTHOR: grayxvz - (United States of America)

Please note that I previously posted my take on IPIU.   I have since joined the IPIU., and I as a member now intend to tell you what I have found in only a few short months of membership.

I followed   ALL  of the suggested proceedures for joining, and completed all of the requirements for attaining the "Level 4" status.  These included providing them with the requested and required information for a background check, prints.   I sent them my 2 colored "passport" type photos, and entered my personal introduction info on the Newcomer forum, and in fact posted several pieces to many other forums on the IPIU site as instructed.  Again, I followed the directions and instructions of the management of the business.   Their business, their instructions, not my job to do something different.

I have read the training manuals, other training reports, as instructed, and completed and passed the testing as required.   Those actions have allowed me to then proceed to access the job line postings.    They are available to all that reach the required level of training.   

I was able to read all the postings I wanted and choose the jobs I thought I might be interested in doing!  There were many to choose from.     I  applied for and was given several assignments to complete, (Still in training mode at this point)and in fact was paid for the work done.   Some of them pay crap, and a couple actually paid fairly well.     You will make what the job is worth if you complete it on time and as instructed.   If you don't, you won't.   Simple!

ANYONE can work in any state without a P I Lic. doing the investigative work for ANY Lic. business, as long as you do not announce that you are a Lic. PI !   The training mode you are in while accruing the experience required to be Lic. in your particular state will be as a Case Handler or some other non-declaritive title which allows you to simply gather requested information from your Lic. PI employer.     I do that without a Lic. and I do not present myself as a badged PI.   

Funny but that is exactly what IPIU tells one when joining and proceeding through it's training, etc.   I have found that the people that seem to do the complaining and bashing have probably not completed the mission and/or the training requirements as outlined by IPIU.    I did follow the instructions and seem to have been successful in attaining the high level and completing work assignments from the job lists.   I don't have an answer for all of you that for some reason are unhappy, other than you must not follow instructions well or you really don't want to do the work required to make it .

I am not sure why you think that working cases assigned to you in your state from an agency located in Colorado or any other state remote from you is wrong????? What is the problem with that??   I have no problem doing investigative research for an employer in Oregon/Florida/Maine or Mexico, or any other state or country if requested.   Why do you have a problem with that?

I would like to close this with this little tidbit for those of you that think information about you is in any way personal anymore.   I can have an NCIC check done on you !   There are at least 5 sources that I can use to do that in my area today!  You aren't special, and if I have sufficient reason for the information, it's only a few clicks away.   Remember the field of work is called INVESTIGATION.  You are an INVESTIGATOR.  

Last but not least......    if you are unhappy with IPIU, get your money back and go away.  If your problem goes deeper than that, get a Lawyer and duke it out in Court!     Beyond that, leave the rest of us to our own demise.    If those of us that followed all the rules and instructions and truly want to make this choice of occupations ours, leave us alone to do exactly that.    If I continue to do the assignments and succeed, great for me!!    If I can't make it work for ME ,   then it's mine to deal with, not your right to tell me it won't because it did not work for you .     END

The above posting is not solicited by any other source and submitted completely voluntarily without compensation.   I am not an employee of IPIU.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment

Not sure who you are

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

My comment was only to tell the note that was above mine to assure that you check with the state before you take there licensing as being valid. I you try using it in our state you will be committing a crime. 

Rather you believe what we are paid or not really does not concern me and the firm that we work for only hires licensed firms with properly licensed PI's.

Please get there licence find out after you have worked and screwed a client and we can add you to the list of people who got taken by them.

John

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 General Comment

ipiu "license"

AUTHOR: grayxvz - (United States of America)

John;    I am not sure who you may have directed your last comment re; using the ipiu Id card as a lic. .   I have not purchased one , and at this point, probably will not.   If I do or do not, rest assured that it will be due to plenty of research done on my part, not your bragging. 
I do take issue with your mention of your agency grabbing "over $500./ hit".   I am glad you are getting that if in fact you are.    I am feeling a bit of a stretch there.... .    If your agency is doing that well, what are you doing here?  At $500, ipiu's measly $75. or even $300. should not even cause your agency to wrinkle an eyebrow, nor should it cause concern for your "Attorney" employer(s).    I am not at all in favor of ipiu's practices if in fact they are being deceitful, but I sure wouildn't be slapping them in the mouth on a forum like this.   That is really rude!   And, if I were getting $500. a hit, .... I could better use my time preparing my list of places to be this weekend, or packing the boat for a week in the Bahamas to spend all that money I made from the fight.....
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 Consumer Comment

Beware of your license from tehm

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Before you start working using there PI credentials  or any other from them please check with your local state for requirements.

This organization cannot license you any any state. Each state has its requirements. The ID you purchased is not an acual licence to practice but more of a membership card.

Also as a licensed PI firm we work the attorneys on the piracy cases and are paid over $500.00 per hit.

IUPUI or whoever they are make allot of false promises.


John
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#5 General Comment

IPIU Debate

AUTHOR: grayxvz - (United States of America)

     I hope to try and resolve some of the statements, claims , innuendos, and just plain crap re; IPIU.  I am not an employee of either IPIU or DTI.    Let me make that clear.    I did get my referral to IPIU from an outside employment source.   I read the information with care several times.  Please bear in mind that I am a learned man that is usually not a rip-off candidate.
      As I read, I began to notice that I was always directed to a "Forum" for each topic.  I still have not found the actual "home" page for IPIU.   Leery #1.     
     I found it somewhat strange that a job offer to root out signal pirates would pay $75. for each "hit" and then ... ahhh, even better if you signed in to be a member and paid upwards of $99. + for ever increasing levels, then the same work with no more experience or any other additional training immediately went to $300 for the same "hit"                  Leery #2
     Oh yeah, I could also pay about $200. and then become an instant Bounty Hunter to go along with my Private Investigator credentials and I D Cards.   Badges for both of them,... way cool!  I looked for the link to get a new pistol and a special no additional training required CCW badge and ID too!   Couldn't find that one...                 Leery #3
     Link directed E-mails  bounced back.      #4
     Try as I might, I was not and have still not gotten  A N Y  direct reply from any person associated with IPIU that was not directed to another link.    And #5
     For lack of space I won't give you #'s 6, 7, 8 as they have pretty much been covered in previous postings.
     Before I go any further, I must also say that I am very embarassed by those of you that write anything here, pro or con to the subject that spell and use grammer worse than most 4th graders.  If you wish to make any professional sounding point and not show your ignorance, use a spell/grammer check or find someone that won't sound like they might move into the 5th grade next year.    It is hard to read, and it tends to be confusing.   Look at the last icon on the right.  "Ajax Spellchecker".
     My last point will be to challenge anyone from both IPIU and DTI (whomever they are) to actually answer to the various statements made by others.   If (big word) neither choose to rebutt with any factual, provable, sworn statements, then I for one think the post should end with the object of concern(s) to be considered as that which was written.
END
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#6 UPDATE Employee

You are an a*#

AUTHOR: Jack''sson - (United States of America)

I have been reading these reports on IPIU, and I must say, that my experience with IPIU has been completely on the up and up.  I joined them in June of 2009 and recently purchased my union membership a couple weeks ago.  I have always been paid exactly what I was told I was going to be paid and when it was supposed to be paid.  I have already received more training through them in a short amount of time then I ever could have gotten on my own.  Believe me I looked. So whoever you people are or are not, seems to me that you either didn't follow the rules on the forums that you agreed to when you signed up, or you just don't want to do the work you need to do in order to get where you want to go as a private investigator.

I have had contact with a member outside of the forum through private email and was never punished or kicked off the forums for it. And that was when I was a non-union member. This business of company bashing is strictly high school stuff.  People are free to choose which company or which organization that they want to belong to.
 
You people, (and there aren't that many of you complaining, so IPIU can't be all bad) need to get over yourselves and grow up.  If you had a bad experience with IPIU, then I have this to say: IPIU has a full refund guarantee in place.  If you want your money back, then ask for it. 

I also think that your complaint is in your head and that you showed the asinine side of your personality that has no place in the level of professionalism needed to be a Private Investigator.  Find another career path and stop pissing in the wind.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#7

Just cover yourself

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I was a paid member for over a year and have decided not to be a part of this for a number of reasons.

Stick with organizations that deal with licensed PI or those in the profession of your state dose not require licensing.

If you need licensing in your state or another check with that state and DO NOT take there advice on how to be sponsored or work around the laws

If you apply for there ID turn in your finger prints and pay the fee, guess what? If you go for licensing in states that require background checks you will pay again as there ID and background check will mean nothing.

You can also join a number of groups FREE on Yahoo that are full of dedicated professionals that are happy to help you and we share work with each other as well.

I have helped a number of people that started to follow them for there license in Virgina, and Maryland do not the right way and they are all much happier. I have all so seen some that belief there the license IPIU us valid around the country because the IPIU is not very clear on the fact that it is pretty worthless and as far as the 2 states I have mentions the organizations there are looking for those that work illigally.

If you going to incorperate do it in the state that you live in as well. This the right thing to do. This setting up a corperation in Colorado is BS and it makes me wonder why you would want to hide your coperate information.

Again do it the rght way. Go to the states that you want to work in, Apply the right way and jain the organizations that can really help you with proffesionals in the industry.

At some point the IPIU will be take apart and assure that you are not in the firing lines when it happens.

John





Respond to this report!
What's this?

#8

Just cover yourself

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I was a paid member for over a year and have decided not to be a part of this for a number of reasons.

Stick with organizations that deal with licensed PI or those in the profession of your state dose not require licensing.

If you need licensing in your state or another check with that state and DO NOT take there advice on how to be sponsored or work around the laws

If you apply for there ID turn in your finger prints and pay the fee, guess what? If you go for licensing in states that require background checks you will pay again as there ID and background check will mean nothing.

You can also join a number of groups FREE on Yahoo that are full of dedicated professionals that are happy to help you and we share work with each other as well.

I have helped a number of people that started to follow them for there license in Virgina, and Maryland do not the right way and they are all much happier. I have all so seen some that belief there the license IPIU us valid around the country because the IPIU is not very clear on the fact that it is pretty worthless and as far as the 2 states I have mentions the organizations there are looking for those that work illigally.

If you going to incorperate do it in the state that you live in as well. This the right thing to do. This setting up a corperation in Colorado is BS and it makes me wonder why you would want to hide your coperate information.

Again do it the rght way. Go to the states that you want to work in, Apply the right way and jain the organizations that can really help you with proffesionals in the industry.

At some point the IPIU will be take apart and assure that you are not in the firing lines when it happens.

John





Respond to this report!
What's this?

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Victim of Libel

AUTHOR: Art - (U.S.A.)

DTI is a state approved school with no complaints and is a member of the BBB Better Business Bureau with a AAA Excellent rating. All the false accusations appearing on Ripofff Report have been posted by IPIU staff. The accusers have never been students at DTI. DTI is a legitimate training school with a good reputation and has been victimized by IPIU for exposing their fraudulent business to the legal authorities. Be sure to check DTI's home page to click on links to the BBB and State of Ca. website and view the good standing status of DTI. Don't be misled by false accusations.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#10 Consumer Comment

IPIU Explain this

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I am a free member of IPIU and love the forums, but would never pay them anything. The credentials they offer are worthless due to state licensing laws.

Text below copied from detectivetraining.com/ipiu-background.html

Nature of Business and Fraud


The State of Idaho Attorney General Alan G. Lance announced the settlement of deceptive trade practices claims against Sandpoint businessman, Jeremy Lancaster, doing business as CWN World News and the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU). The agreement comes after an investigation of Lancaster's businesses by the Consumer Protection Unit (CPU).



With regard to CWN World News, Lancaster is alleged to have placed employment advertisements in various newspapers nationwide seeking limousine driver trainees. Relative to ICIU, Lancaster is alleged to have placed newspaper ads nationwide promoting both employment and training opportunities to become private investigators, as members of the International Private Investigators Union.



When consumers called the local numbers listed in the CWN World News ads, they were instructed to dial a 900 telephone number in order to apply for a position. Upon calling that number, consumers merely received a solicitation to subscribe to 'Limousine and Chauffer Magazine'. "CPU investigators believe that Lancaster's telemarketers told people interested in becoming private investigators that the IPIU was headquartered in Washington, D.C. and that the processing center, which purportedly conducted criminal background checks on each candidate, was located in British Columbia, Canada. In reality, the Washington, D.C. telephone number provided to consumers was a 'call forwarding' number answered by telemarketers in Sandpoint. The British Columbia address used by Lancaster led consumers to believe that the organization had an international presence. Rather, the B.C. address was merely a mail drop across the Idaho-Canadian border north of Sandpoint. State investigators were told by ex-employees that Lancaster made the short drive to the mail drop periodically to collect memberships and 'union' dues sent from all over the country.



Attorney General Lance also alleged, in connection with the private investigators operation, that Lancaster prepared promotional literature advertising a rags-to-riches story of a man who became wealthy and successful after joining the IPIU. The story was printed on the back of a legitimate newspaper article about a successful private investigator in Sandpoint. The flyer deceptively suggested that the rags-to-riches tale was a testimonial provided by the subject of the newspaper article, when, in fact, the individual highlighted in the article had no connection with IPIU.



Finally, Lance alleged that IPIU promotional materials and practices were designed to lead consumers to believe that IPIU has some official connection with law enforcement agencies and that it has some manner of licensing authority when, in fact, it does not.



While not admitting to any violations of law, Lancaster agreed, according to terms of the Assurance of Voluntary Compliance filed in Bonner County, to cease the allegedly deceptive and misleading activities listed above, make refunds to consumers requesting them, and pay the State $5,000 for its investigative costs, attorney fees and civil penalties. Of that amount $4,000.00 has been waived so long as Lancaster complies with the terms of the Assurance. After the settlement of the State's claims the Attorney General was informed that Lancaster intends to cease conducting any further business in Idaho.



Consumers are entitled to, and the market place works best when, the truth is communicated. That did not occur here, and I am pleased we were able to put a stop to the practices at issue," Lance said.



Lance also stated that consumers who believe they have been defrauded by CWN World News of the International Private Investigators Union may contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit at 1-800-432-3545, in-state toll-free, to request a refund.


For further information, contact Deputy Attorney General Brett T. DeLange in the Consumer Protection Unit, Statehouse, Room 119, P.O. Box 83720, Boise, Idaho 83720-0010, (208)334-2424 or, in-state toll-free, 1-800-432-3545.


Additional Public Records Check


Additonal public record checks revealed the following legal action against Jeremy Lancaster:


1.) State of Idaho tax lien in 1996 for $4,367


2.) Federal tax lien in 2000 for $134,890


Update


Jeremy Lancaster has since moved to Montana where he continues his deceptive trade practices using IPIU. Confidential sources indicate that state and federal authorities are continuing their investigation.


Business Names Currently Being Used by Jeremy Lancaster:


1. International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)


2. Bureau of Business Ethics


3. ISI Internal Affairs


4. North American Agent Registration Bureau


Investigation is also continuing on a private level to determine the exact nature of the Bureau of Business Ethics and ISI Internal Affairs and how they intertwine with his other fraudulent activities. Additional reports will follow.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#11 Consumer Suggestion

IPIU is NOT a Licensed PI Agency. NOT a Union.

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

Here we go again. IPIU is NOT a union in any way. They are NOT a LICENSED PI Agency in any state.

Jeremy Lancaster is the owner of IPIU. With all do respect to the former FBI Agent. You are telling me that an Active Duty FBI Special Agent from the Tampa Field Office is full of crap. I was interviewed by an FBI agent as part of an investigation into the practices of IPIU. During that time, I asked specifically if IPIU could do an FBI background check with fingerprints. His answer was: IPIU has never had access to the NCIC Database and never will. I asked him is there such a thing as a passive sweep? His answer was: There is no such thing as a passive sweep of the NCIC data base. It is active and is recorded electronically. You must have a valid reason to access the Database. It would be a Federal Crime for him to access the NCIC Database without a valid reason.

The FBI Special Agent went on to state: IPIU does not have a valid reason to search the NCIC Database passive or otherwise. Since Jeremy Lancaster is not a Licensed PI or a Licensed PI Agency by your own definition he cannot access any Database let alone the FBI Database.

Now for the final and REAL problem why would any business or any employer (or possible employer) collect this kind of information listed below. This is done for every person that did not have a PI License in their own state. So, what on earth would you do with the FBI fingerprint cards? Even the FBI Agent did not have an answer for me on that one.

One last point, when I asked the FBI Agent what possible reason would anyone have in collecting this kind of information on anyone. He stated: No one should have that kind of information on someone for ANY reason.

Since no one will respond to my complaint listed below this one. I am forced to post it on this one.

Find below a list of information collected by IPIU. Is there a reason for ANY organization to have this information? Would ANY employer have this much information on you?

Can we say Identity Theft?

Once IPIU has this information, you will never get it back. It is not even secured in any way. Even if it were secured it would be wrong.

You can join this so called union if you want to spin your wheels and waste your money. As for 30,000 members. If you believe that one then you and I will be walking on the moon next week.

The number of people that gave this detailed information is 1,000 to 5,000. That is a more true number. Good luck getting your money back from them as well.

Here is a list of over 20 pieces of information that IPIU collects on you for no reason.

1. Your Full legal name.
2. Any alias that you have.
3. A color photograph of yourself.
4. Physical description including your height and weight. Your hair color. Your eye color.
5. Current address information
6. Current telephone numbers
7. Social Security number.
8. Date of Birth.
9. City and State you were born in.
10. Your Fathers full legal name.
11. Your Mothers full legal name.
12. Your Drivers license number.
13. Your dates of Military Service.
14. Your Pass Port information.
15. Your residences for the past TEN years
16. ALL of your Education Information.
17. Your signature.
18. Your checking information when you paid by check.
19. Your credit card information when you paid by Credit Card. (He has you do both.)
20. All your employment history for the past TEN Years.
21. Three references that you provide name address and telephone number as well as years known.
22. Your fingerprints on a FBI finger print card filled out and signed by a Law Enforcement Agency.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#12 Consumer Comment

You have got to be kidding

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

For the record, IPIU is neither a legal "union" nor is it a legal "Association".

They are a company that solicites people to join with the belief that they will be private investigators.

I am a "FREE" member of the IPIU forum, but I also own my own Private Investigative Agency and I know their tactics are deceptive and misleading.

I would love to see any IPIU representive publish the legal documentation concerning the ownership of IPIU here.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Yes, Private Investigators can perform a passive warrant check.

AUTHOR: T. - (U.S.A.)

As a retired FBI Special Agent and a current private investigator, Bryan, I can tell you that your facts and protrayal of past and current use options of the NCIC are inaccurate and misleading.

I served as a Special Agent for the FBI before retiring and becoming a private investigator. Although I am not a member of IPIU, I do have many colleagues who are also retired Special Agents who are members of IPIU.

I have to agree with Mary Warner in that I, along with thousands of other private investigators, have used the Duluth Police Department and many others in past years to do warrant checks within the permitted use of the NCIC database. Although the procedures and policies of the NCIC use have changed since September 11, 2001, non-subscribers, such as IPIU and other private investigators, can submit names and data to any number of subscribers, including Homeland Security, for what Mary Warner described as a passive warrant check. Prior to September 11, 2001, the Duluth Police Department provided a responsive warrant check. If IPIU used Deluth PD or any many other law enforcement agencies or corporate subscribers, then their use is within the federal procedures with or without the permission of the subject.

Duluth is one of thousands of FBI NCIC Database subscribers who allowed private investigators to perform warrant checks, NOT background checks or FBI file checks as you allege. The fees are minimal when an account is established. Read all about the Duluth PD by checking with your sources who know, or insist on speaking with someone at the department who is not a desk agent. If need be, you may wish to speak only to a regional director to confirm the proper use of the NCIC as I have stated.

Mary Warner provided enough information for me to locate her source in Colorado for warrant checks through an NCIC subscriber. But again, to lawfully perform what she calls a passive warrant check has nothing to do with your claim. There are many elements to the NCIC database, as there are many elements to a subject's national credit file. As a private investigator, I have an account to access credit headers. But that does not include access to a subject's full credit file without other procedures in place. A warrant check is the most basic submission that private investigators can use within the procedures of an NCIC subscriber's policy.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#14 Consumer Comment

IPIU Moderator Publicly Admits to A Federal Crime.

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

Mary Warner - Denver, Colorado
U.S.A. publicly admits that IPIU is committing a Federal Crime by the misuse of the NCIC Database.

The FBI maintains the NCIC Database. It is a Federal Offense to use the NCIC Database for anything other then an Active search which is Electronically records who accesses the Database and what they are doing. You must also give a valid reason for doing this.

There is no such thing as a Passive Sweep. There is no such thing as Legal Passive Sweep. Call any FBI Field Office in the United States. The FBI will tell you what can and cannot be done. This Database is very protected. Illegal searches can be done. However, God help you if you get caught.

I am glad that you do not have the PI skills to figure out that I am real person in the State of Florida.

I am happy to say that my Business is doing very well and so is my Website. (Not DTI site.)

As for the Airlines access to the NCIC Database that was added after 9-11. It was to plug a hole in our Security system when it was discovered that Terrorists and Criminals were working for the Airlines. Not a good thing after 9-11.

I never dreamed that an IPIU representative would publicly state they do criminal activity.

In closing, do not do Identity theft IPIU you will pay a price. No one to date has done a rebuttal to my complaint that I filed on this site about IPIU. Come on Jeremy Lancaster take the time to address my complaint. Not always this one were you do not know what you are talking about. My complaint is just below this one. I am not DTI.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#15 Consumer Suggestion

More phony DTI names and nonsense scamming IPIU

AUTHOR: Mary Warner - (U.S.A.)

There is just too much funny nonsense claimed by DTIs employees "Ken" and "Bryan" that IPIU, who has been an association of private investigators for over 15 years with tens of thousands who have renewed their union dues year after year, is some "conspiracy" as "Ken" and Barbie (excuse me, that's "Ken" and Bryan" are supposing.

1) NCIC passive sweep is easily available through many companies, one of which is right here in my own city of Denver who uses a local police department to perform the task. But Ken and Barbie don't know that. IPIU never claimed to have a full NCIC terminal. But Boeing Aircraft in Washington State does, along with thousdands of other subscribers. Ken and Barbie don't know that there are many areas to the NCIC besides only the warrants area. And they do not know what a passive submission is, as explained in full detail at the IPIU trainee forums. They also do not tell anyone of the NCIC waiver that IPIU provides.

2) Ken and Barbie don't read anything of worth on the IPIU forums. If they did they would not make up some nonsense about mass complaints against IPIU for identity theft. I have been a volunteer moderator for years and have spoken to the office many times. There is even a public post that states there has never been a single identity theft of any confidential record in all the 15 years. They don't tell people that. Instead their employer, DTI, wants to generate fear because they sell a $600 manual as opposed to IPIU's course for next to nothing. They fear IPIU will take away their potential students.

Barbie (Bryan) still wants to argue in this site by asking for a answer to her claim that the sheriff is in someone's hip pocket! Nonsense. Why would anyone answer something like that! Again, no name or phone number posted to back up such a claim.

3) As others can read here, Ken and Barbie deny they are employees of of DTI the mail order PI School, but all the "facts" they can show is reference to their own DTI website! That tells all that they can't prove anything except to say their boss can post a personal opinion on his DTI site.

4) I can't answer as to why DTI remains clear to post falsehoods, but I can say that the internet is full of worse deeds than what DTOI claims of anyone. After reading DTIs web site, I found that they also spread lies about Global School too. DTI and Ken and Barbie say lies about any company that threatens their $600 mail order manual. I visited Global School's web site and found a very interesting response to DTIs claims. Yet Global has not stopped DTI. Maybe allowing DTI to spread lies helps Global and others. I do know there are countless IPIU members who have posted on the IPIU forums that they have read this trash and see it for what it is, namely DTI employees trashing IPIU. They also pay their renewals year after year.

5) There are no 20 items of personal information on the IPIU membership application. That's stupid. For licensed PI's, just the basic name and PI License number. Don't have a PI License? Then just a name and a driver's license. The documents are available to read at all of the IPIU public sites.

6) Barbie claims she is Bryan from Ocala and challenged me to do a Google search to prove it. Barbie failed to mention there are over 128,000 hits on Bryan and Ocala! Again, no such name to prove. Barbie may as well claim she is from New York City.

7) Although DTI employees want eveyone to fear of their privacy, they don't tell you that IPIU has a public privacy statement that concurs with all federal laws! That's because Ken and Barbie don't read the facts. They just make it up.

8) And if this is "Ken's" last post here, don't believe it. Barbie may stay around, but "Ken" will come back with another phony name and carry one.

9) Yes, I agree to let the Buyer Beware of phony names from greedy mail order companies that charge $600 for a manual that IPIU can do better and do it for free to it's members. You will always see greedy employees trash IPIU. But what else is new! Use this site and type in any large organization such as AT&T. I cannot speak for the IPIU Membership department, but I don't think IPIU wants any members who are not willing to fully sustain their Code of Ethics. If you can't, go find another association to join that will take your money and not ask any questions or ask you to commit to nothing except your pocketbook.

For those who want the facts and find this entertaining at best, sign up for a free passcode at the IPIU.org home page.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#16 Consumer Comment

let the buyer beware. If you choose to pay IPIU money and become a member, when you realize you've been had just remember that many defrauded members tried to warn you

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Mary said...

"I already know you are not who you claim to be, but edven if you were banned from IPIU, which may also be the case, it's because IPIU discovered you were a spy in the higher level private forums."
----------------

An interesting comment. Now why on earth would a job assistance website need to root out spies?

If you really are a moderator, you should be able to find out how many members have been terminated for complaints ranging from non-payment of services for their "piracy" assignments to a lack of job leads that were promised. You can find this information easily because they have "guest" under their posted names.

We could argue endlessly in this forum, but it is easy for any potential customer of IPIU to check out this fraud.

First, confirm that the IPIU background check is not legitimate through a phone call to their local police. Do you really want a company to know all your personal information, social security number and have your finger prints on file?

Second, by checking out the IPIU website at level 1 prior to paying any fees- you will find no contact information on any members.

Third, I checked out the DTI website located at http://www.detectivetraining.com/investigator_training.html#ans12 that was brought up here and I found the section on IPIU. If it is false, why isn't there a lawsuit or injunction filed against them? Surely IPIU wouldn't allow libel and slander of their "good" name to continue! The reason is simple- the statement is true and would stand up in court.

Fourth, the company called MCC Services that you apply to initially with IPIU doesn't exist. Do a search on Google with MCC Services in parenthesis and you will see the name only appears in another ripoffreport along with another company with a similar name.

This is my final post for this particular thread because it is beating a dead horse. Let me simply say, let the buyer beware. If you choose to pay IPIU money and become a member, when you realize you've been had just remember that many defrauded members tried to warn you of this on rifoffreport.

Please submit all IPIU fraud reports to the Salt Lake City FBI office at: 257 E. 200 South, Suite 1200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111. This office covers the state of Montana where IPIU is based.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#17 Consumer Comment

Your days are numbered IPIU. Do not even think about using your illegally gotten personal information on 5,000 people for Identity theft

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

You say there is no Bryan from Ocala. I am very real. Just use Google to check that out. Ah, but IPIU is a scam and have no real PI skills.

Jeremy you still have not responded to a totally separate complaint that I have posted here in this Forum. Check it out. It is under my Bryan Ocala name.

I am not nor have I ever been an employee or owner of DTI.

You never answered the question about The Flathead Sheriff in your hip pocket?

I will not ruin the surprise to IPIU but you are being looked at by a major Federal Agency. Your collection of over 20 items of personal information and claiming you have access to the NCIC data base makes you a National Security Risk after 9-11.

You have no reason or do not have access to the NCIC Database. YET, IPIU claims to do a background check. There is no such thing as a "Passive Sweep"
Your days are numbered IPIU. Do not even think about using your illegally gotten personal information on 5,000 people for Identity theft because you will have some major force used to end that scam. In addition, do not even think of using the information to sell to Identity Theft people because you will pay a very dear price.

Thanks to Terrorists using this type of information to create new Identities you are a major threat and focus. I know your scam never intended that to happen. However, times have changed.

In closing, look at my complaint that I posted and respond to that. I can only speak for myself. Not the other people you name. I was a member of IPIU and level 4 before I was booted off for questioning your ethics. So, as you stated only level 5 has posted contact information. By your own admission, that leaves OUT 99% of the members. I apologize for having to post in this area. However, my complaint has not been addressed by IPIU.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

More phony DTI names scamming IPIU

AUTHOR: Mary Warner - (U.S.A.)

No, your comments are not of your personal experience because I can prove it as I am one of the volunteer moderators at IPIU. There has never been any "Ken" in Chicago or "Bryan" in Ocala. You are one of DTIs employees because many of the thousands of IPIU members talk about you and your employer of the DTI mail order school.

And I do not mind responding in your style either.

You said-
I challenge you to name the jobs you got directly from IPIU.
-----------------------------------
Asking any union member to violate their signed Code of Ethics and disclosure agreements is exactly what your DTI employer wants members to do. I already know you are not who you claim to be, but edven if you were banned from IPIU, which may also be the case, it's because IPIU discovered you were a spy in the higher level private forums. As a moderator there are methods to prove this because of the internet software and cookies.

The answer to your challenge is already available to Level 4 members who honor their oath, not you. Members can readily see every single week the hundreds of private investigator jobs and assignments that are posted. Non-members and guests can see the ten or more national private investigator agencies and their agency names and their agency forums at ipiu.org/forums/ , even though you need a password to enter fore the precise details.

You said-
Did you check with the consumer affairs office in Montana?
-----------------------------------
Apparently many already did check and found nothing. Read the earlier comment on this page for the proof that there are no complaints. If you have evidence of any complaint, go ahead and spell the full name of the state employee and their telephone for confirmation. Otherwise, you and your other DTI employees are better off mailing out your $600 mail order courses than wasting time here to spread stupid falsehoods.

You said-
Jeremy Lancaster has a knack for hacking or shutting down forums with threats of lawsuits.
-----------------------------------
This is the proof that you are either the DTI owner or an employee. There is no Jeremy Lancaster and never has been. Only DTI makes this claim. Nowhere on IPIU home page ipiu.org or the public Contact link mentions anything about Jeremy Lancaster. As a DTI employee, you are proving your are a very poor investigator of the facts and the government licensing information on the contact page.

You said-
Because of this we have to keep the forum secret.
-----------------------------------
This is more proof that you are only one of handful of DTI employees that are using fake names here to make it look like there is some mass movement. The IPIU forums that I am a moderator on have tens of thousands. A free Level 1 guest password is available for anyone to read the truth about you and DTI and your supposed mass movement. There is no secret forum at IPIU where only a selected few can see the truth behind your scheme. It is open to the public.

You said-
We are raising money for an attorney, so hopefully within the year you will be able to read more concrete information.
-----------------------------------
This is stupid. It only takes a postage stamp to mail a demand, or a hundred dollars to get an attorney to write a letter to IPIU to make demands. If you really had a mass movement it would only cost a penny a person to hire an attorney.

And the lack of concrete information your excuse to wait another year reveals more evidence about your claims. If there really was concrete evidence, it would have surfaced a long, long, long time ago.

I suggest you and DTI save yourself the made up lawyer fees and write your own letter with a postage stamp to IPIU with your demands. If your demands are anything serious and IPIU is at fault, then use their official response to post it here. If your demands are not serious, then what you are writing here is just your hobby of trying to save your mail order business.

You said-
They do not allow members to post their addresses or phone numbers.
-----------------------------------
Elizabeth is probably a very good private investigator. She said she spoke to your company DTI or one of your other employees. DTI is listed with their phone number. IPIU allows Level 5 members to post their contact information. Level 4 members may not.

You said-
IPIU terminates anyone they know who has contact with other IPIU members. I was one of them.
-----------------------------------
More proof that you are DTI. If a member contacts another member and does not violate their signed Code of Ethics, there is no termination. That's not to say that out of 41,000 union members worldwide that none have been bannned for violating their oath or their Code of Ethics. IPIU doesn't want liars who break their own agreements.

You said-
If I'm not real, who is typing this post?
-----------------------------------
Your name and location is not real. You're a DTI employee or the owner of DTI typing your post.

-----------------------------------
To Ann Marie Ryan, Elizabeth, Chris, and Michael-

I'd like to say thank you, but you're wasting your time here. But thank you anyway. See you in the IPIU public forums,

Mary Warner
Denver, Colorado
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#19 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ex Member

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

What you are saying is a lie end of story. 1. The phone numbers of members is not published or available. 2. We are not fantom or ghost people at all. 3.Take on the challange of my complaint. 4. There has not been a rebutal to my post. 5. The other former members are stating facts.
6. Jeremy Lancaster have some balls and do a rebutal to my post. 7. Jermey do you have the Flathead Sheriff in your hip pocket?
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#20 Consumer Comment

My Comments Are Not Those of Others

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry, but my comments are my own personal experiences, not those of DTI. I am not affiliated with DTI in any way.

You said-
It's IPIU who is the victim here and DTI is behind it all. A DTI employee told me so.
-----------------------------------
If you spoke to them on the phone, you did so without IPIU's knowledge. They do not allow members to post their addresses or phone numbers. It is easy to check this out. You don't even need level 4 access to confirm this. IPIU terminates anyone they know who has contact with other IPIU members. I was one of them.

You said-
I have read the truth elsewhere and have personally spoken to those on the phone who are real. The real people and their phone numbers are printed on the IPIU web site.
-----------------------------------
If I'm not real, who is typing this post? I will take you up on your offer. Ripoffreport.com please send me Elizabeth's phone number.

You said-
The people who are scamming IPIU here are not real people. But I am, and I invite anyone to notify the editor of this site to release my email address to call me!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#21 Consumer Suggestion

DTI and their employees are scamming IPIU. Contact me for real truth.

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

I know who Michael is from New Jersey who wrote a comment here. I know of Ann Marie Ryan who wrote for IPIU. And I know what Chris has wrote is true too. The rest of what has been written here is pure nonsense.

I also know that DTI employees are scamming IPIU. It's IPIU who is the victim here and DTI is behind it all. A DTI employee told me so.

I have read the truth elsewhere and have personally spoken to those on the phone who are real. The real people and their phone numbers are printed on the IPIU web site. The people who are scamming IPIU here are not real people. But I am, and I invite anyone to notify the editor of this site to release my email address to call me!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#22 Consumer Comment

The rip off is real

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

After reading some of the things said here I was intrigued to find out who was true and who was not. According to DTI privite investigators, One Jeremy Lancaster is under investigation and is reported that IPIU is a hoax. Being a person who has been burned n the internet before here is what was said to be done if you are a victim.
1st if you were directed by a search engine or through monster or career builder or etc... to contact them first so they can take down the ad.
2nd, contact the Montana Attorny Generals office, consumer affairs unit, Box 200501 Heleena,MT 50620 or call (406) 444-4312.
Again as victim of scams on the net before I thank all for the heads up and for whoever may need the information if they fell victim, your welcome.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#23 Consumer Comment

I will donate to the cause! Shut down IPIU

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Ken,

I would like to contacted about your forum.
I would be very happy to donate money to help shut down IPIU, I too was ripped off by IPIU.

I give Rip-Off.com permission to give you my contact infomation.

I am in contact with eight other former members that would like to do the same.

Please contact me A.S.A.P.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#24 Consumer Comment

IPIU Issues

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

You said:

"I have level 4 access and have found pi jobs posted every week, have done assignments, made money, and I don't even need the free training ipiu offers because I own my own PI agency! But the extra cash is nice when I am in between assignments."

I challenge you to name the jobs you got directly from IUPIU. I myself was at level 4. After doing months of mystery shopping, I asked IPIU why I wasn't getting any job referrals. They kept telling me that I needed more hours of mystery shopping to get referrals. This is in spite of the fact their advertising said jobs were forthcoming. Finally I was terminated when I asked them again for openings following another few months of mystery shopping.

I am happy that I was introduced to mystery shopping but I could have done that without paying over $100 for fees and materials. These companies are readily available on the internet for free.

Did you check with the consumer affairs office in Montana? They have had at least several complaints. Several former moderators of IPIU (including one senior moderator) have created a forum on the internet for members who have been ripped off by IPIU. Membership is by word of mouth because it is not linked. Jeremy Lancaster has a knack for hacking or shutting down forums with threats of lawsuits. Because of this we have to keep the forum secret. As a group we have contacted the FBI, job websites, and the state of Montana. We are raising money for an attorney, so hopefully within the year you will be able to read more concrete information.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#25 Consumer Suggestion

Michael, the Attorney Generals office has no such complaints!

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Michael,

Your sensible offer was the only fact I have seen. Whoever is writing under the name of "Been there" has their facts dead wrong. I suggest to go ahead and follow his advice and call the state attorney general's office yourself! I just did, and I spoke to Annette. And she stated there are no complaints with their office for IPIU!!! The other girl in the office said it is against the law for their state office to even offer an opinion on any company! She said the only time they give out any information is if a complaint leads to a state action. I guess I could complain about President Bush and they would refuse to give out any opinion until they did something. Anyone who calls that office will find why "Been there" cannot give us the name of who he says he spoke to or the contents of any state letter or the person who may have signed a state letter.

Another IPIU member says he cannot trust anyone who writes anything on the internet. Who is "Been There? Who am I? Michael, are you Jeremy Lancaster too! One thing I know is you can always find out who is not doing a good job as a private investigator when they cannot provide a real name for their source!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#26 Consumer Comment

Montana State Consumer Affairs said IPIU was not a good organization to get involved with.

AUTHOR: Been There - (U.S.A.)

Chris,

You are the one without all the facts, too blind to see the truth as it is.

IPIU gathers all members personal info and for what. Why does Jeremy have all this information on the members? He has no business having it, he is not an employer, or is he?

The people who have posted complaints are not in a fantasy world as you put it. We have the information and we have checked it out. The Montana State Consumer Affairs told me on the phone that IPIU was not a good organization to get involved with.

I was a member with level 4 status and only got a few mystery shop jobs through the companies on the forums. I signed with all that were available in my area. My only getting a few jobs was not because I was not persistant, it is because there are so many signed up with the companies and not enough work to go around. So don't try to feed us the story of people not trying.
I also found in an internet search, info that tells Jeremy is signing with a law office and gives the anti piracy assignments to the level 4 members. Jeremy offers much less to the first timers than what he makes from the law office. I have this information printed, so it can not be rebutted. He is making a profit, so he is acting as an employment agency.

His practices are very misleading, they offer to help you start "your own PI agency" but then leave you hanging.

IPIU admins won't even answer questions as to why the member can't access the forums, they give these canned answers as some put it.

My bank statement says I paid $79.00 to CWN in Big Fork, Montana. That doesn't stand for Criminal Warrents Network either.

Another thing, when derogatory statements are made about IPIU and found by the members. They claim that the person doesn't know all the facts. That IPIU may not be for everyone. Why is it that IPIU won't take legal action on the allegation? Because Jeremy knows he is wrong and no lawyer in their right mind would represent him with that case. There is no "law offices of attorney services."
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#27 Consumer Comment

IPIU Fraud. your writting sounds just like the other IPIU fantacy employees.

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Chris,

I can see you wrok for IPIU or something because your writting sounds just like the other IPIU fantacy employees. I am very educated and I work for a insurance company that is a 500 Fortune company. I have read many of the forums rules and followed the directions to the T. I even asked questions about my status and what I needed to do next. I received stupid misleading rhyhmatic statements saying, "you have not followed Mr. Copelands directions for New COmers". I did follow them. I am not a idiot! Do not try to make yourself look smart and me dumb. The only dumb mistake I did was to believe and trust the IPIU because I have a trusting nature. I have learned my lesson. By the way there are no threats of a law suit. I am taking this to TMJ4 on your side and exposing your IPIU scam. Thank you and have a great day!

Everyone oout there, please, go directly to your home town for infomation on how to become a real PI in your area. Call a law firm they will direct you.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#28 Consumer Suggestion

IPIU is getting ripped off here!

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Wow! This is really a very strange bunch of frivolous complaining here. I have been a member of IPIU for 2 years and have never seen anything like the claims made here. I carefully read each and every one of what is claimed here and checked it out for myself! I think others should carefully check it out for themselves too. I see IPIU getting ripped off by these non-factual claims rather than the opposite.

I have level 4 access and have found pi jobs posted every week, have done assignments, made money, and I don't even need the free training ipiu offers because I own my own PI agency! But the extra cash is nice when I am in between assignments.
If Sarah really can't handle the IPIU assignment forums, she doesn't have to make some threat of filing a law suit to get her money back. IPIU already has a refund process available! I read it when I first mailed in my payment. Just call IPIU!

I must say that I am not a member of any cult like says! But I will tell you one thing, when I see so much fantasy that most people who really DESERVE to be a member of IPIU should probaby read the FACTS for themselves before trying to be a private investigator. My job is to deal with facts and NOT fantasy. If anyone who refuses to deal with facts ever applied for work with my company, I would protect my clients by blocking them at my front door! If you can't read the facts for yourself at IPIU's home page with all of the verifiable information, then you certanly don't want to pretend to be a PI.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#29 Consumer Comment

IUIP did me wrong too

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I was a member of IUIP. I found IUIP through a job listing on the internet. It was Careerbuilder.com. It stated did I want to make between 25-35 an hour as a private invetigator in trainee. I applied because this is my field of interest. I paid $27 for fingerprints, $9 on passport pictures, $89 for a membership that stated I would receive a 12 month Private Invetigator Magazine and have access to available jobs. I received my first issue and received an email about my level upgrade to 4. i had to sign a code of ethics, do a pretest, and pay before becoming a level 4. I went onto the forum and signed up for a job and never heard anything back. The forum told me I did not sign up when I know I did because I received an email stating so and that I would hear somehting in the future and not to respond to this automative email alert. I never heard anything. When I went into the forum and started asking questions, it stated I had not done the following new comer list , but I had. Then it said it dropped my status to a level 1 and now I cannot submit or look in most of the forums. I believe it is a rip off and any positive commits that are listed come from someone in this IPIU sceme.

BEWARE!! Do not throw away your good hard money. I am looking into filing suit against them. I thought I was applying for a job not a membership to get RIPPED OFF or some kinda cult. If this was legit Why do you even have to go to this forum after paying your dues, signing the code of ethics, and passing your pretest. The $89 bucks I gave them should pay for them to give me the contacts needed for the "trainee" positions.What is the deal here?
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#30 Author of original report

I hope that more individuals come forward and shut this organization down.

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

I believe that there are many more out there that have been ripped off by IPIU. It is just a matter of time. I spent money on the most expensive membership, business cards (which were never received) badge, ID card, etc. The only thing that I truly got was the subscription to PI Magazine. I kept everything that a true fraud investigator would need to prove this case. So, if it ever gets that far, I have the evidence that shows the offer through careerbuilder.com all spelled out in black and white. Just another internet scam, that is costing consumers thousands of hard earned dollars. I am a disabled individual, that was just looking to supplement my social security disability. And look what they did, they took the food right off my families table. Very disturbing! I hope that more individuals come forward and shut this organization down.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#31 Consumer Comment

Additional input, IPIU terminates level 4 access when they are aware that any members have contacted anyone outside of the forums.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to reply to what I've read on this page:

IPIU said:

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

I say:

This is not true. IPIU terminates level 4 access when they are aware that any members have contacted anyone outside of the forums. They say it is to protect their members, but they do this to people who have even requested they be contacted. The simple reason they forbid members from communicating off the forums is that they know that they will quickly find out that IPIU is a rip-off.

IPIU will say that they are "beta" testing their new chat feature which would enable everyone to converse and truly network with each other. In actuality, IPIU has terminated the memberships of these three "beta" testers- all because one of these members complained to IPIU about their ethics. I truly doubt that you will see any chat feature ever implimented on the IPIU forums as this will only speed up the time it takes for t member to find out about the fraud.

IPIU is no longer allowed to post openings on CareerBuilder, Monster and Hotjobs due to numerous complaints from those who have been taken by Jeremy Lancaster. Last week Jeremy attempted to post openings to CareerBuilders and changed the information so it would slide through. Very quickly the complaints came in and their ads were once again banned.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#32 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Jeremy Lancaster is rebutting all these reports

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)


As you can plainly see, The replies do not answer the questions and the statements. IPIU contracted with careerbuilder.com. They then send emails to the people who send resumes. (me included).

ORIGINAL WRITER:

I received an email through posting an online resume with careerbuilder.com. IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement. I had everything covered completely.


IPIU's response was:

The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) http://www.ipiu.org/ does not sent unsolicited emails. IPIU only responds to email inquiries from potential members who have either been referred or sponsored by another member-in-good standing."

MY RESPONSE:

WELL READ THE WORDS: POTENTIAL MEMBERS. AHEM! CAREERBUILDERS!

Original writer wrote:

"I received an email through posting an online resume . . . IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement."


IPIU answerered:

The author wrote:
. . . to pay for a membership

Answer:
Yes and No. With over 30,000+ union members, the lack of a last name precludes us from discerning whether the author has a paid union membership option or a free membership. Both free and paid union membership options are detailed at http://www.ipiu.org/

MY ANSWER:

THAT IS A COMPLETE CROCK!!!!! THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO IS A PAID MEMBER AND WHO ISN'T. I HAVE SAVED EMAILS TO PROVE IT.

The author wrote:
the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk.

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

MY ANSWER:

WELL THEY PUT AN END TO MY CONVERSING WITH OTHERS ALSO. (what is this? "such an unreasonable request.") (Jeremy you are slipping badly!)


The author wrote:
I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership. . .

Answer:
Again, without knowing the last name of the author and with over 30,000 members it is difficult to respond to this comment.

MY ANSWER:

MY ANSWER:

WELL YOU CUT ME OFF TOO. AGAIN "30,000 MEMBERS?????


IPIU continued:


However, no paid or free membership entitles a member to violate their signed Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and Mission Statement. The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials. The core compliment we see from thousands of members is reflected by our maintaining a respectful and enjoyable interactive discussion community in nearly 200 private investigator forums, totaling over 100,000 topics. Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum. For those who may question the overall consent to our forum rules, they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods.


"The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials."

MY ANSWER:

ALL WRITEN BY JEREMY LANCASTER, HIS WIFE, JEAN-WHO IS THE CO-OWNER OF IPIU- AND ALL OF THEIR AKA'S.
I WAS A PAID MEMBER AND QUESTIONED WHY A MODERATOR WAS VERBALLY ABUSING ME. I WAS CUT BACK FROM LEVEL 4 TO LEVEL 1, BECAUSE I QUESTIONED IT. (SAVED EMAIL TO PROVE IT!)


IPIU continues:

"they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods."

MY ANSWER:

(WOW- NOW IT'S 14,000 MEMBERS!) HOW DID THAT NUMBER GO DOWN FROM 30,000 IN THE SPACE OF THE SAME LETTER?

IPIU wrote:

(Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum.)

MY ANSWER:

WELL THEN WHY DID JEREMY SHUT TOXEY'S SITE DOWN, BY POSING AS A COMPANY OF LAWYERS? (Proboards has a lot to answer for that one too.) Jeremy Lancaster is not a lawyer, not a private investigator, not registered as a union (as IPIU), not even registered as a licensed training school (as IPIU). He is not licensed as anything. He runs scams from betting, pornography, to legal.

Jeremy Lancaster has so many aka's that I'm surprised he can keep them straight. Jeremy is:

Board of Ethics
Legal Affairs - IPIU Unit
legal@ipiu.org

Ann Marie Ryan - Belleville, Ontario
Canada


Jeremy is also:

Michael - Browns Mills, New Jersey
U.S.A.


(This name is Michael Harris)

Jeremy is struggling to keep his rip off business scam going. He is about to be indicted again. He will intimidate and bully anyone who questions him. A former employee found pornography on the company computers, asked Jeremy about it, and was fired for questioning him. Jeremy is a very sick individual, who doesn't care one bit for anyone but himself. (I challenge you to take me to court for that one, Jeremy.)

He is going under and is fighting back with threats and abuses.

Please everyone, don't give this man one more cent.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#33 Consumer Comment

IPIU is a positive orgainization

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I am a member in good standing with the IPIU. I concur with the official rebuttal by IPIU.

I backed into the IPIU in the summer of 2003 and was a little confused at first. I have read virtually every post in the public forums and threads.

IPIU never promised me a job. I am learning and growing. I have done some investigations as a result of my membership and am very happy with the IPIU.

The IPIU forums are the best managed forums on the web today. The Moderators and Administrators are very fair about their treatment of posts that do not meet the written guidance. I have butted up against the rules on a few occasions (I do not like rules that I didnot make) and the Moderators have helped me get back in line with the code of ethics that I signed.

I have always had quick response to any question I have had. I do not understand Jeffrey.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#34 UPDATE Employee

Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

AUTHOR: Ann Marie Ryan - (Canada)

The author wrote:
"I received an email through posting an online resume . . . IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement."

Answer:
The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) http://www.ipiu.org/ does not sent unsolicited emails. IPIU only responds to email inquiries from potential members who have either been referred or sponsored by another member-in-good standing.

Our Privacy Statement is posted on our public site.
It is located here:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228

The author wrote:
. . . to pay for a membership

Answer:
Yes and No. With over 30,000+ union members, the lack of a last name precludes us from discerning whether the author has a paid union membership option or a free membership. Both free and paid union membership options are detailed at http://www.ipiu.org/

The author wrote:
the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk.

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

Nevertheless, Endorsed IPIU Member Meetings require a member-in-good-standing to be present as outlined in the Forum Rules and Code of Ethics which is posted at our public site. Applications to sponsor a local Endorsed IPIU Meeting are available by email to meeting@ipiu.org .

However, all forum members, through their online registration application, agree to abide by the Forum Rules, Code of Ethics, and to fully sustain the Mission Statement. All solicitations that are not pre-approved or endorsed are removed and archived, as detailed in the online application and Forum Rules the author agreed to.

The author wrote:
I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership. . .

Answer:
Again, without knowing the last name of the author and with over 30,000 members it is difficult to respond to this comment.

However, no paid or free membership entitles a member to violate their signed Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and Mission Statement. The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials. The core compliment we see from thousands of members is reflected by our maintaining a respectful and enjoyable interactive discussion community in nearly 200 private investigator forums, totaling over 100,000 topics. Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum. For those who may question the overall consent to our forum rules, they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods.

The following link is available to the public:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

The author wrote:
This organization lures you to be a member so you can be employed as a Private Investigator Trainee.

Answer:
Yes and No. It is the intention of IPIU to provide a better association platform for licensed private investigators and other professionals to enhance their professional goals. And, for those wishing to enter this field, IPIU is the world's largest association that permits unlicensed private investigator trainees to become a member of the union, with benefits of completing their academic and on-the-job experience to move forward.

However, it is not IPIU's intention to enroll private investigator trainees who will not commit to months of processing, online participation, academic training, and a willingness to fully take advantage of the hundreds of company referrals available to them, including Integrity Investigations as a means to enter this field at the ground level.

All IPIU union members have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee for their union dues. It is outlined in their documents and in the public forums.

The author wrote:
Consumer beware invitations to become a Private Investigator through IPIU

Answer:
Yes, we agree. For those who wish to blindly commit to a professional career, whether part-time or full-time, beware of your own motivations too. IPIU would rather have a prospective union member sign up for a free Level 1 Membership and pass-code at http://www.ipiu.org/ , and then take the time to introduce themselves to the thousands of other members for a better understanding of all of the facts and not just a short lived dream. Forum members become a large team helping and encouraging each other, as well as sharing the events of a given assignment.

The author wrote:
I find this type of action as suspicious.

Answer:
The Forum Rules contain no hidden secrets. The rules are posted in the public site. The rules were sustained by an overwhelming support of the members-at-large.

However, the author may be correct in that private investigators can be indeed very suspicious professionals. There is a difference in the trade between right-to-know and member rights. The Private Investigators Forums is not a democracy. It is a private member-based community that each applicant must agree to sustain in advance of their entrance to the forums. Although members may live in a democracy, giving them the freedom to go anywhere they wish to, it does not give them an inherit right to encroach on a private community and commit infractions against their agreed rules of conduct. This is, of course, the far exception to the rule. IPIU has a few critics, but when comparing the 30,000 members that fully support our mission, the critics measure in the far minority. And under most democracies, they are free to express their personal opinion within the laws of the land.

We also encourage everyone to take the time to judge for yourselves.

Sincerely,

Board of Ethics
Legal Affairs - IPIU Unit
legal@ipiu.org
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#35 UPDATE Employee

Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

AUTHOR: Ann Marie Ryan - (Canada)

The author wrote:
"I received an email through posting an online resume . . . IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement."

Answer:
The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) http://www.ipiu.org/ does not sent unsolicited emails. IPIU only responds to email inquiries from potential members who have either been referred or sponsored by another member-in-good standing.

Our Privacy Statement is posted on our public site.
It is located here:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228

The author wrote:
. . . to pay for a membership

Answer:
Yes and No. With over 30,000+ union members, the lack of a last name precludes us from discerning whether the author has a paid union membership option or a free membership. Both free and paid union membership options are detailed at http://www.ipiu.org/

The author wrote:
the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk.

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

Nevertheless, Endorsed IPIU Member Meetings require a member-in-good-standing to be present as outlined in the Forum Rules and Code of Ethics which is posted at our public site. Applications to sponsor a local Endorsed IPIU Meeting are available by email to meeting@ipiu.org .

However, all forum members, through their online registration application, agree to abide by the Forum Rules, Code of Ethics, and to fully sustain the Mission Statement. All solicitations that are not pre-approved or endorsed are removed and archived, as detailed in the online application and Forum Rules the author agreed to.

The author wrote:
I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership. . .

Answer:
Again, without knowing the last name of the author and with over 30,000 members it is difficult to respond to this comment.

However, no paid or free membership entitles a member to violate their signed Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and Mission Statement. The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials. The core compliment we see from thousands of members is reflected by our maintaining a respectful and enjoyable interactive discussion community in nearly 200 private investigator forums, totaling over 100,000 topics. Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum. For those who may question the overall consent to our forum rules, they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods.

The following link is available to the public:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

The author wrote:
This organization lures you to be a member so you can be employed as a Private Investigator Trainee.

Answer:
Yes and No. It is the intention of IPIU to provide a better association platform for licensed private investigators and other professionals to enhance their professional goals. And, for those wishing to enter this field, IPIU is the world's largest association that permits unlicensed private investigator trainees to become a member of the union, with benefits of completing their academic and on-the-job experience to move forward.

However, it is not IPIU's intention to enroll private investigator trainees who will not commit to months of processing, online participation, academic training, and a willingness to fully take advantage of the hundreds of company referrals available to them, including Integrity Investigations as a means to enter this field at the ground level.

All IPIU union members have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee for their union dues. It is outlined in their documents and in the public forums.

The author wrote:
Consumer beware invitations to become a Private Investigator through IPIU

Answer:
Yes, we agree. For those who wish to blindly commit to a professional career, whether part-time or full-time, beware of your own motivations too. IPIU would rather have a prospective union member sign up for a free Level 1 Membership and pass-code at http://www.ipiu.org/ , and then take the time to introduce themselves to the thousands of other members for a better understanding of all of the facts and not just a short lived dream. Forum members become a large team helping and encouraging each other, as well as sharing the events of a given assignment.

The author wrote:
I find this type of action as suspicious.

Answer:
The Forum Rules contain no hidden secrets. The rules are posted in the public site. The rules were sustained by an overwhelming support of the members-at-large.

However, the author may be correct in that private investigators can be indeed very suspicious professionals. There is a difference in the trade between right-to-know and member rights. The Private Investigators Forums is not a democracy. It is a private member-based community that each applicant must agree to sustain in advance of their entrance to the forums. Although members may live in a democracy, giving them the freedom to go anywhere they wish to, it does not give them an inherit right to encroach on a private community and commit infractions against their agreed rules of conduct. This is, of course, the far exception to the rule. IPIU has a few critics, but when comparing the 30,000 members that fully support our mission, the critics measure in the far minority. And under most democracies, they are free to express their personal opinion within the laws of the land.

We also encourage everyone to take the time to judge for yourselves.

Sincerely,

Board of Ethics
Legal Affairs - IPIU Unit
legal@ipiu.org
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#36 UPDATE Employee

Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

AUTHOR: Ann Marie Ryan - (Canada)

The author wrote:
"I received an email through posting an online resume . . . IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement."

Answer:
The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) http://www.ipiu.org/ does not sent unsolicited emails. IPIU only responds to email inquiries from potential members who have either been referred or sponsored by another member-in-good standing.

Our Privacy Statement is posted on our public site.
It is located here:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228

The author wrote:
. . . to pay for a membership

Answer:
Yes and No. With over 30,000+ union members, the lack of a last name precludes us from discerning whether the author has a paid union membership option or a free membership. Both free and paid union membership options are detailed at http://www.ipiu.org/

The author wrote:
the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk.

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

Nevertheless, Endorsed IPIU Member Meetings require a member-in-good-standing to be present as outlined in the Forum Rules and Code of Ethics which is posted at our public site. Applications to sponsor a local Endorsed IPIU Meeting are available by email to meeting@ipiu.org .

However, all forum members, through their online registration application, agree to abide by the Forum Rules, Code of Ethics, and to fully sustain the Mission Statement. All solicitations that are not pre-approved or endorsed are removed and archived, as detailed in the online application and Forum Rules the author agreed to.

The author wrote:
I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership. . .

Answer:
Again, without knowing the last name of the author and with over 30,000 members it is difficult to respond to this comment.

However, no paid or free membership entitles a member to violate their signed Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and Mission Statement. The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials. The core compliment we see from thousands of members is reflected by our maintaining a respectful and enjoyable interactive discussion community in nearly 200 private investigator forums, totaling over 100,000 topics. Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum. For those who may question the overall consent to our forum rules, they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods.

The following link is available to the public:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

The author wrote:
This organization lures you to be a member so you can be employed as a Private Investigator Trainee.

Answer:
Yes and No. It is the intention of IPIU to provide a better association platform for licensed private investigators and other professionals to enhance their professional goals. And, for those wishing to enter this field, IPIU is the world's largest association that permits unlicensed private investigator trainees to become a member of the union, with benefits of completing their academic and on-the-job experience to move forward.

However, it is not IPIU's intention to enroll private investigator trainees who will not commit to months of processing, online participation, academic training, and a willingness to fully take advantage of the hundreds of company referrals available to them, including Integrity Investigations as a means to enter this field at the ground level.

All IPIU union members have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee for their union dues. It is outlined in their documents and in the public forums.

The author wrote:
Consumer beware invitations to become a Private Investigator through IPIU

Answer:
Yes, we agree. For those who wish to blindly commit to a professional career, whether part-time or full-time, beware of your own motivations too. IPIU would rather have a prospective union member sign up for a free Level 1 Membership and pass-code at http://www.ipiu.org/ , and then take the time to introduce themselves to the thousands of other members for a better understanding of all of the facts and not just a short lived dream. Forum members become a large team helping and encouraging each other, as well as sharing the events of a given assignment.

The author wrote:
I find this type of action as suspicious.

Answer:
The Forum Rules contain no hidden secrets. The rules are posted in the public site. The rules were sustained by an overwhelming support of the members-at-large.

However, the author may be correct in that private investigators can be indeed very suspicious professionals. There is a difference in the trade between right-to-know and member rights. The Private Investigators Forums is not a democracy. It is a private member-based community that each applicant must agree to sustain in advance of their entrance to the forums. Although members may live in a democracy, giving them the freedom to go anywhere they wish to, it does not give them an inherit right to encroach on a private community and commit infractions against their agreed rules of conduct. This is, of course, the far exception to the rule. IPIU has a few critics, but when comparing the 30,000 members that fully support our mission, the critics measure in the far minority. And under most democracies, they are free to express their personal opinion within the laws of the land.

We also encourage everyone to take the time to judge for yourselves.

Sincerely,

Board of Ethics
Legal Affairs - IPIU Unit
legal@ipiu.org
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#37 UPDATE Employee

Board of Ethics - Legal Affairs

AUTHOR: Ann Marie Ryan - (Canada)

The author wrote:
"I received an email through posting an online resume . . . IPIU had contacted me late last year to pay for a membership by a certain date to become eligible for placement."

Answer:
The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) http://www.ipiu.org/ does not sent unsolicited emails. IPIU only responds to email inquiries from potential members who have either been referred or sponsored by another member-in-good standing.

Our Privacy Statement is posted on our public site.
It is located here:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228

The author wrote:
. . . to pay for a membership

Answer:
Yes and No. With over 30,000+ union members, the lack of a last name precludes us from discerning whether the author has a paid union membership option or a free membership. Both free and paid union membership options are detailed at http://www.ipiu.org/

The author wrote:
the organization put a halt to our conversation and refused to allow us to get together for a meeting to talk.

Answer:
The Private Investigators Forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ have no rules prohibiting guests and IPIU union members from planning an informal non-endorsed IPIU meeting on their own time outside of our website. No association can enforce such an unreasonable request.

Nevertheless, Endorsed IPIU Member Meetings require a member-in-good-standing to be present as outlined in the Forum Rules and Code of Ethics which is posted at our public site. Applications to sponsor a local Endorsed IPIU Meeting are available by email to meeting@ipiu.org .

However, all forum members, through their online registration application, agree to abide by the Forum Rules, Code of Ethics, and to fully sustain the Mission Statement. All solicitations that are not pre-approved or endorsed are removed and archived, as detailed in the online application and Forum Rules the author agreed to.

The author wrote:
I was very quickly cut off from using the forum to which I had paid membership. . .

Answer:
Again, without knowing the last name of the author and with over 30,000 members it is difficult to respond to this comment.

However, no paid or free membership entitles a member to violate their signed Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and Mission Statement. The Private Investigators Forums http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ has received countless applause from unsolicited testimonials. The core compliment we see from thousands of members is reflected by our maintaining a respectful and enjoyable interactive discussion community in nearly 200 private investigator forums, totaling over 100,000 topics. Those unwilling to sustain their Code of Ethics and Forum Rules have the freedom to participate at other Internet Forums that are not moderated to insure an agreed upon decorum. For those who may question the overall consent to our forum rules, they are free to see at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ that 14,000 members fully sustain the approved methods.

The following link is available to the public:
http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

The author wrote:
This organization lures you to be a member so you can be employed as a Private Investigator Trainee.

Answer:
Yes and No. It is the intention of IPIU to provide a better association platform for licensed private investigators and other professionals to enhance their professional goals. And, for those wishing to enter this field, IPIU is the world's largest association that permits unlicensed private investigator trainees to become a member of the union, with benefits of completing their academic and on-the-job experience to move forward.

However, it is not IPIU's intention to enroll private investigator trainees who will not commit to months of processing, online participation, academic training, and a willingness to fully take advantage of the hundreds of company referrals available to them, including Integrity Investigations as a means to enter this field at the ground level.

All IPIU union members have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee for their union dues. It is outlined in their documents and in the public forums.

The author wrote:
Consumer beware invitations to become a Private Investigator through IPIU

Answer:
Yes, we agree. For those who wish to blindly commit to a professional career, whether part-time or full-time, beware of your own motivations too. IPIU would rather have a prospective union member sign up for a free Level 1 Membership and pass-code at http://www.ipiu.org/ , and then take the time to introduce themselves to the thousands of other members for a better understanding of all of the facts and not just a short lived dream. Forum members become a large team helping and encouraging each other, as well as sharing the events of a given assignment.

The author wrote:
I find this type of action as suspicious.

Answer:
The Forum Rules contain no hidden secrets. The rules are posted in the public site. The rules were sustained by an overwhelming support of the members-at-large.

However, the author may be correct in that private investigators can be indeed very suspicious professionals. There is a difference in the trade between right-to-know and member rights. The Private Investigators Forums is not a democracy. It is a private member-based community that each applicant must agree to sustain in advance of their entrance to the forums. Although members may live in a democracy, giving them the freedom to go anywhere they wish to, it does not give them an inherit right to encroach on a private community and commit infractions against their agreed rules of conduct. This is, of course, the far exception to the rule. IPIU has a few critics, but when comparing the 30,000 members that fully support our mission, the critics measure in the far minority. And under most democracies, they are free to express their personal opinion within the laws of the land.

We also encourage everyone to take the time to judge for yourselves.

Sincerely,

Board of Ethics
Legal Affairs - IPIU Unit
legal@ipiu.org
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.



Ripoff Report Legal Directory